ChoiceMMed Automatic Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Choose simplicity and convenience with the ChoiceMMed Automatic Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, which measures Perfusion Index alongside blood-oxygen saturation and pulse rate. The auto-on and auto-off feature on this device saves you time, and helps to preserve the device battery. This handy device also aids in understanding what your results mean by offering a visual prompt for when measurements fall out of a healthy range.
- 1 x Automatic Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
What Is An Oximeter For?
Fingertip oximeters offer a non-invasive method of collecting blood-oxygen saturation level measurements (SpO2), and pulse rate. This particular model also enables taking measurements of the Perfusion Index (PI) of a particular area.
Using this data, a healthcare provider can assess how well a patient's body transports oxygen through the bloodstream. With this oximeter model, determining pulse rate, SpO2 and PI is as simple as clipping the device onto the patient's finger.
Who Is the Pulse Oximeter For?
Oximeters are a frequently used tool in hospitals and other clinical healthcare settings that enable effective and consistent patient monitoring. Simply styled and user-friendly oximeters such as this one are also ideal for use in the home.
These devices are perfect for monitoring patients whose blood-oxygen levels have been impacted by illness or injury. This includes patients with:
- Lung conditions such as asthma, COPD, pneumonia, or lung cancer
- Blood conditions like anaemia
- Severe heart conditions and recent heart-attack sufferers
- Oxygen deprivation due to choking, suffocating, or drowning
- Sleep apnoea, or other conditions which impact the ability to breathe
What Is the Automatic Feature of this Oximeter?
There is an automatic on/off feature included with this oximeter, as well as the manual on/off switch on the front of the device. This means that you do not have to remember to turn the device on or switch it off, and instead can simply place it onto the patient's finger to gather the relevant data, and then remove it when done.
How Is This Monitoring Device Powered?
To use this fingertip pulse oximeter, you will need two AAA 1.5V alkaline batteries. These can power the device for approximately 40 hours of continuous usage.
Alternative Blood-Oxygen Level Monitors
There are a wide range of oximeters available, each differing in either weight, display type, rotation capabilities, or included accessories. Some great alternatives to this model include:
Key Features and Benefits
- Automatic fingertip pulse oximeter
- Suitable for a range of care environments
- Ideal for use with both paediatric and adult patients
- Measures blood-oxygen saturation, pulse rate, and perfusion index
- Automatic on/off feature ensures ease-of-use and helps to conserve battery life
- Offers a visual prompt for when recorded measurements fall out of the healthy range
- 180° screen rotation offers two-display directions to make reading results easier from all angles
- Weak or unstable prompt mark alerts user to potentially inaccurate results due to poor signal
- Battery-status indicator ensures you can easily monitor the battery life of your device
- Dimensions: 61.5 x 32.0 x 31.5mm
- Weight: 65g approximately
- Measurement Range:
- SpO2: 70 - 100%
- Pulse Rate: 30 - 250bpm
- Perfusion Index: 0.1 - 20%