ChoiceMMed MD300C53 Frog-Design Paediatric Pulse Oximeter
Designed with kids in mind, your paediatric patients will love the ChoiceMMed MD300C53 Frog-Design Paediatric Pulse Oximeter. The funky frog cartoon and compact size makes this non-invasive monitoring device look much more child-friendly than most other models, and helps to keep younger patients from becoming overwhelmed at the medical devices being used to measure their blood-oxygen levels and pulse rate.
- 1 x Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
What Is the Paediatric Pulse Oximeter For?
A pulse oximeter is a device designed to measure blood-oxygen saturation levels and pulse rate, enabling healthcare professionals to assess how well the body is transporting oxygen through the bloodstream. The design of the oximeter ensures that gathering this data is a non-invasive procedure, and doesn't require the use of needles.
The oximeter has been designed to easily clip onto the patient's fingertip.
Who Can Use This ChoiceMMed Oximeter?
This Frog-Design Pulse Oximeter is perfect for paediatric patients. It is the smallest fingertip oximeter in the world, making it suitable for use with smaller fingers, and has been designed with a kid-friendly look. This device is suitable for use in both homecare and clinical environments.
Children who may need to be monitored using the pulse oximeter include those whose blood-oxygen saturation levels are impacted by illness or injury. This includes:
- Those with lung conditions, such as asthma or pneumonia
- Those with heart conditions
- Children with blood conditions such as anaemia
- Patients who have experienced significant drops in blood-oxygen levels due to choking, suffocation, or drowning
- Sleep apnoea and similar disorders that disturb regular breathing
How Is This Fingertip Oximeter Powered?
To power this device, you will need two AAA 1.5V alkaline batteries. With a full charge, you can operate this device for approximately 24 continuous hours.
Alternative Pulse Oximeters
There are a range of fingertip pulse oximeters to choose from, so make sure you're getting the right one for you. If you're looking for an oximeter for children, we've got a selection of alternative animal-themed options, including:
If you'd prefer a device that is suitable for both paediatric and adult patients, there are a range of suitable devices available:
Key Features and Benefits
- Paediatric fingertip pulse oximeter
- Used to measure pulse rate and blood-oxygen saturation levels
- Suitable for range of clinical and residential care environments
- Designed for use with children and infants
- Decorated with a funky frog cartoon to appeal to younger users
- Compact and lightweight construction makes this device the smallest oximeter in the world
- Size of the device makes it perfect for use with smaller fingers
- Includes adjustable brightness setting with ten levels
- 360° rotating screen for convenient reading of results from any angle
- Designed for low power consumption for extended usage with each set of batteries
- Includes a battery-low indicator to help you keep on top of the device's charge
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 49 x 28 x 28mm
- Weight (Including Batteries): 45g
- Measurement Range:
- Pulse Rate: 70 - 100%
- Blood-Oxygen Saturation: 30 - 250bpm
- Measurement Accuracy:
- Pulse Rate:
- 30 - 99bmp: ±2bpm
- 100 - 250bpm: ±2%
- Blood-Oxygen Saturation: ±2%