Bristol Maid Stainless-Steel IV Stand (With Handle and Red Cap)
For administering medical drips to patients, you need a sturdy and reliable infusion stand like the Bristol Maid Stainless-Steel IV Stand (With Handle and Red Cap). This highly mobile infusion stand unit is suitable for use in a range of clinical healthcare environments, and is height-adjustable between 1260 - 2100mm. The stand has also been designed with impact resistance to reduce the risk of bruising or skin abrasions during accidents.
Please Note: While this IV stand is pictured with four hooks, this is for illustrative purposes only. This model is designed with two hooks only.
- 1 x Stainless-Steel IV Stand
What Is the Purpose Of the Medical Drip Stand?
Medical drip stands are an essential piece of clinical furniture / medical equipment for use by healthcare professionals when administering solutions to patients via an IV line and infusion bag. This stand offers a space for the infusion bags to be easily hung above a patient, allowing the drips can travel downwards through the IV line without limiting patient mobility.
These stands are most useful with patients who cannot take medicines, food, or water orally for various reasons.
Who Is the IV Stand With Wheels For?
Mobile IV stands are perfect for use in a wide variety of clinical healthcare environments, including hospitals, hospices, urgent care centres, rehabilitation centres, and care homes.
This Bristol Maid range of drip stands is ideal for busier public healthcare environments. Not only are they highly portable for easy transport of patients, but the colour-indicator base cap provides a method of rapidly distinguishing between drip stands for minimal risk of cross-contamination.
Which Alternative Drip Stands Are Available?
Bristol Maid design a wide range of drip stands which are available for purchase. Suitable alternatives to this model include:
Key Features and Benefits
- Medical drip stand with two hooks for hanging infusion bags
- Ideal tool for administering medical drips to patients via IV line
- Five castors included on the base offer an excellent level of mobility
- Non-marking castor construction helps to preserve floor integrity, even during frequent usage
- Handle included on the pole offers ease-of-manoeuvrability, and keeps feet away from the unit base for enhanced safety
- Red colour indicator cap allows colour coding of various stands to minimise cross contamination risk
- Featured handwheel offers easy height-adjustment from 1260 - 2100mm
- Water-resistant finish allows for easy cleaning after each use for optimal hygiene maintenance
- Polyurethane over-moulded base is compatible with steam cleaning
- Five-leg base with a low centre of gravity offers maximum stability during use
- Meets appendix A (stability requirements) of BS 3619: 1976
- Designed with impact protection to reduce the risk of skin abrasions and bruising for optimal safety during use
- Maximum total load capacity of 4kg
- Overall (W x D): 620 x 620mm
- Height: 1260 - 2100mm
- Pole Diameter: 25mm
- Overall Weight: 8.2kg
- Maximum Stand Capacity: 4kg