Beurer BM58 Medical Blood Pressure Monitor
If you suffer from abnormal blood pressure, it's important that you keep track of any changes to find out what's causing them. The Beurer BM58 Medical Blood Pressure Monitor is ideal for home use and can be used to get an average of all your saved measurements for an improved overview of your health and well-being. The monitor also allows you to see how effective your medication and lifestyle changes have been in reducing your blood pressure.
Included with This Purchase
- 1 x Blood pressure monitor
- 1 x Upper arm cuff
- 1 x USB cable
- 4 x LR6 AA batteries
- 1 x Storage bag
- 1 x Instructions for use
Key Features of the Medical Blood Pressure Monitor
- Fully automatic blood pressure and pulse measurement on the upper arm
- Suitable for upper arm circumferences from 22cm to 30cm
- Arrhythmia detection function for possible disturbance in heart rhythm
- Can be used by two people, with 60 memory spaces for each user
- Innovative networking between the monitor and the Beurer Health Manager via USB cable
- Calculates an average of all saved measured values
- Calculates an average of morning and evening blood pressure for the last seven days
- Automated switch-off and incorrect usage message
- Supplied with a five-year manufacturer's warranty
Keep Track of Your Measurements
Your measurements can easily be monitored thanks to the innovative networking between the blood pressure monitor and the Beurer Health Manager PC software with USB cable (included in this purchase). Moreover, the device has 60 memory spaces for two people and shows an average of all saved measured values, as well as your morning and evening blood pressure of the last seven days.
How Do I Use This Beurer Medical Blood Pressure Monitor?
Before measuring, please ensure that the unit is at room temperature. The measurement can be performed on either the left or the right arm.
- Attach the cuff by placing it on the bare upper arm. The circulation of the arm must not be hindered by tight clothing or similar.
- The cuff must be placed on the upper arm so that the bottom edge is positioned 2 - 3cm above the elbow and over the artery.
- Now place the free end of the cuff snugly, but not too tightly, around the arm, and fix it with the hook-and-loop fastener.
- Insert the cuff line into the connection for the cuff connector.
- Once the cuff is attached, press the START/STOP button to start the blood pressure monitor.
- The monitor will begin measuring automatically after three seconds. The measurement is taken during the inflation phase.
Watch the video below to see how easy-to-use this blood pressure monitor is:
How Do I Interpret the Results?
The measurements of your systolic and diastolic pressure can be classified and evaluated in accordance with the table below:
|Blood Pressure Value Category ||Systole (mmHg) ||Diastole (mmHg) ||Action |
|Grade 3: Severe Hypertension ||Over 180 mmHg ||Over 110 mmHg ||Seek medical attention |
|Grade 2: Moderate Hypertension ||160 - 179 mmHg ||100 - 109 mmHg ||Seek medical attention |
|Grade 1: Mild Hypertension ||130 - 159 mmHg ||90 - 99 mmHg ||Regular monitoring by doctor |
|High Normal ||130 - 139 mmHg ||85 - 89 mmHg ||Regular monitoring by doctor |
|Normal ||120 - 129 mmHg ||80 - 84 mmHg ||Self-monitoring |
|Optimal ||Under 120 mmHg ||Under 80 mmHg ||Self-monitoring |
You can learn more about how to use the Beurer Blood Pressure Monitor by viewing the user manual below:
|User Manual |
Does This Blood Pressure Monitor Need a Battery?
The Beurer Blood Pressure Monitor runs on four disposable LR6 AA batteries, which are supplied with the device. Please do not use rechargeable batteries.
Storage and Care
The Blood Pressure Monitor is made up of precise electronic components. The device's accuracy and service life depend on careful handling.
- Never drop the device
- Do not use near strong electromagnetic fields
- Only ever use the cuffs provided with the monitor or original replacement cuffs
- Do not press any buttons until the cuff is in position
- If the instrument is not used for any length of time, remove the batteries
- Clean the device and cuff with a slightly moistened cloth
- Do not use detergents or solvents
- Do not immerse the computer in water
- Make sure no heavy objects are placed on top of monitor
- Protect the device from impact, moisture, dirt, major temperature fluctuations and direct exposure to the Sun's rays
- Measurement Range:
- Cuff Pressure: 0 - 300 mmHg
- Systolic: 60 - 260 mmHg
- Diastolic: 40 - 199 mmHg
- Pulse: 40 - 180 beats/minute
- Display Accuracy:
- Systolic: ±3 mmHg
- Diastolic: ±3 mmHg
- Pulse: ±5% of the value shown
- Memory: 2 x 60 memory spaces
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 100 x 150 x 58mm
- Weight:Approximately 508g (without batteries)
- Battery Life: Approximately 500 measurements