Beurer BM57 Medical Blood Pressure Monitor
If you have high blood pressure or other cardiovascular abnormalities, daily blood pressure measurements can save your life. The Beurer BM57 Medical Blood Pressure Monitor is an easy-to-use device, designed to give you professional blood pressure and pulse measurements every day without even having to leave your home.
Included with This Purchase
- 1 x Blood pressure monitor
- 1 x Upper arm cuff
- 2 x LR6 AA batteries
- 1 x Storage bag
- 1 x Instructions for use
Key Features of the BM57 Medical Blood Pressure Monitor
- Fully automatic blood pressure and pulse measurement
- Compatible with free Beurer Health Manager app
- Uses low-energy Bluetooth technology to connect with your smartphone
- Large LCD display with white back lighting
- Has 2 x 60 memory spaces and average value calculation
- Arrhythmia detection and warning in case of possible heart rhythm disturbance
- Risk indicator for classification of measurements
- Fits upper arm circumferences from 23cm to 43cm
- Date and time display with automatic switch-off function
- Battery changing indicator for complete overview
- Two AA 1.5V batteries included
- Supplied with a five-year manufacturer's warranty
Easy Monitoring of Your Measurements
Thanks to Bluetooth technology, this device connects with your smartphone or tablet, where you can get a complete overview of your measurements and general health with the free Beurer Health Manager application. Moreover, the risk indicator classifies all your measurements with an easy-to-read, coloured scale.
How Do I Use the Beurer BM57 Blood Pressure Monitor?
Before measuring, please ensure that the unit is at room temperature. The measurement can be performed on the left or the right arm.
- Attach the cuff by placing it on the bare upper arm. The circulation of the arm must not be hindered by tight clothing or similar.
- The cuff must be placed on the upper arm so that the bottom edge is positioned 2 - 3cm above the elbow and over the artery.
- Now place the free end of the cuff snugly, but not too tightly, around the arm, and fix it with the hook-and-loop fastener.
- Insert the cuff line into the connection for the cuff connector.
- Once the cuff is attached, press the START/STOP button to start the blood pressure monitor.
- The monitor will begin measuring automatically after three seconds. The measurement is taken during the inflation phase.
Watch the video below to see how easy-to-use this blood pressure monitor is:
How Do I Interpret the Results?
The measurements of your systolic and diastolic pressure can be classified and evaluated in accordance with the table below:
|Blood Pressure Value Category ||Systole (mmHg) ||Diastole (mmHg) ||Action |
|Grade 3: Severe Hypertension ||Over 180 ||Over 110 ||Seek medical attention |
|Grade 2: Moderate Hypertension ||160 - 179 ||100 - 109 ||Seek medical attention |
|Grade 1: Mild Hypertension ||130 - 159 ||90 - 99 ||Regular monitoring by doctor |
|High Normal ||130 - 139 ||85 - 89 ||Regular monitoring by doctor |
|Normal ||120 - 129 ||80 - 84 ||Self-monitoring |
|Optimal ||Under 120 ||Under 80 ||Self-monitoring |
You can learn more about how to use the Beurer BM57 Blood Pressure Monitor by viewing the user manual below:
|User Manual |
The device can easily identify possible heart rhythm disturbance during measurement and, if necessary, indicate the measurement. This is especially useful if your main concern is not abnormal blood pressure, but other cardiovascular irregularities.
Does This Blood Pressure Monitor Need a Battery?
The Beurer BM57 Blood Pressure Monitor runs on two disposable 1.5V AAA batteries, which are supplied with the device. Please do not use rechargeable batteries.
- Measurement Range:
- Cuff Pressure: 0 - 300mmHg
- Systolic: 50 - 250mmHg
- Diastolic: 40 - 180mmHg
- Pulse: 40 - 180 beats/minute
- Display Accuracy:
- Systolic: ±3mmHg
- Diastolic: ±3mmHg
- Pulse: ±5% of the value shown
- Memory: 2 x 60 memory spaces
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 94 x 161 x 64mm
- Weight: Approximately 421g (without batteries)