Promedics PROA+ Osteoarthritis Universal Hinged Knee Brace
The Promedics PROA+ Osteoarthritis Universal Hinged Knee Brace is ideal for patients with mild-to-moderate osteoarthritis or post-op rehabilitation. Featuring comfy non-slip pads and a two-point hinge system, the brace provides even compression to the knee, and can be adjusted to suit the needs of the patient over the course of treatment.
- 1 x Knee Brace
- 1 x Adjustment Tool
Key Features and Benefits
- Hinged leg brace provides support for both medial and lateral knee areas
- Ideal for alleviating symptoms in mild to moderate osteoarthritis
- Comfortable non-slip pads keep the leg brace in optimal position
- Moisture wicking fabric reduces odour and improves comfort
- Two-point hinge adjustment system for even pressure distribution
- Adjustable tool and stoppers for setting the preferred range of motion
- One-step closure system for easy donning and doffing
- Universal size is suitable for most users
Indications of the Promedics PROA+ Osteoarthritis Knee Brace
Designed to compress tender areas around the medial and lateral knee ligaments, this premium brace is ideal for people with mild-to-moderate osteoarthritis. The full indications of the Promedics Osteoarthritis Knee Brace include:
- Uni-compartmental knee osteoarthritis
- Medial compartment osteoarthritis
- Lateral compartment osteoarthritis
- Post-op rehabilitation
Sizing Information for the Promedics PROA+ Knee Brace
The Promedics Osteoarthritis knee brace is available for either the left or right leg. Fully adjustable, this leg brace is universally designed to fit almost anyone. However, the brace cannot accommodate for people with a thigh circumference over 30" (76.2cm).
To measure your thigh circumference, please measure 15cm above the mid-patella as seen in the diagram below.
How to Use the Promedics Osteoarthrits Knee Brace
Applying and removing the OA Knee Brace simple and easy to do thanks to its innovative design. Follow the step-by-step guide to see how easy it is to fit this sturdy leg brace.
- Step 1: Make sure all the buckles are detached from the frame.
- Step 2: Sit down with your knee bent close to a 30° angle.
- Step 3: Centre the brace on the side of your leg aligned with the centre of your knee.
- Step 4: Attach the straps in numbered order. The number of each strap can be found on each pull tab.
- Step 5: Adjust the tightness of each strap so that it is not too tight to ensure safe support and comfort.
For a full step-by-step visual guide on how to fit the knee brace, check out the video below.
Adjustable Range of Motion
An adjustable stop allows you to set the range of motion to tailor to specific patient requirements during continuum of care. Decrease the range of motion for newer patients who need extra compression to promote fast healing. Once they are strong enough, you can increase the range of motion to give them more flexibility for day-to-day use.
How Comfortable is the Promedics Osteoarthritis Knee Brace?
Pads made with comfortable, non-slip materials make the PROA+ Knee Brace incredibly comfy to wear and keeps it securely in place. Using moisture wicking fabrics, the brace prevents moisture build-up to improve comfort and reduce odour.
Two-Point Hinge Adjustment
Using the supplied adjustment tool, you can adjust the screws on the stopper to help evenly distribute pressure throughout the leg. This improves comfort and allows you to adjust the compression to match the individual requirements of the patient.
Featuring a one-step closure system, the PROA+ knee brace is fastened using buttons for each of the four straps. This simple design makes for easy donning and doffing of the leg brace, which improves patient acceptance and compliance.
- Shell: Polyester resin
- Support: Aluminium/steel
- Buckle: ABS/polyester thermoplastic elastomer
- Adjustment Tool: Nylon and fibreglass
- Strap/Pad: Nylon / polyurethane / polyester / EVA / Velcro