LimbO Elbow Waterproof Cast, Dressing and PICC Line Protector
The LimbO Elbow Waterproof Cast, Dressing and PICC Line Protector allows you to keep your cast, dressing or PICC line dry while in the shower, allowing you to wash while recovering from your injury. The protector has a latex-free neoprene seal that prevents water from entering and reaching your cast, helping to make your recovery is comfortable as possible.
What Is the LimbO Elbow Waterproof Cast, Dressing and PICC Line Protector For?
The LimbO Elbow Waterproof Cast Protector is designed to keep your cast dry while you shower. It can fit most arm and cast sizes, is easy to fit and can improve your quality of life while on the road to recovery.
- Protect your cast while showering
- Fit easily around your cast via a neoprene seal
- Skin-friendly and suitable for repeated use
- Completely waterproof material
- Improves your quality of life
Which Size Should I Choose?
The LimbO Elbow Protector is available in two sizes. The size differs depending on your weight and arm circumference, and you can use the sizing guide below for help when choosing your brace. Once you have found which size suits you, please use the drop-down menu at the top of the page before adding the item to your basket.
|Weight-Chart ||Weight ||Arm Circumference |
|Light ||8 to 11st (50kg to 70kg) ||25 - 29cm |
|Average ||11 to 17st (70kg to 100kg) ||30 - 40cm |
Please note that the cast protector can only fit casts that lie within 10cm above and below the elbow.
Which Injuries Can I Use the LimbO Waterproof Cast Protector With?
The LimbO Cast Protector can be used for most injuries on the arm, including elbow breaks, arm breaks, elbow sprains, PICC line use and more. The only caveat is that your cast is within 10cm above and below the elbow. Otherwise the protector will not fit over the cast.
- Waterproof neoprene fits over your elbow cast
- Allows you to bathe, shower and use in swimming pools
- Keeps your cast dry and suitable for use after use
- Easy to use by sealing the top of the protector over the cast
- Latex-free and adhesive-free to reduce any change of an allergic reaction
- Suitable for use with dressings, casts and wound dressings
- Improves your quality of life
How Do I Use the LimbO Elbow Cast and Dressing Protector?
Fitting your Limbo Cast Protector is designed to be easy and can view the full instructions as supplied with your purchase. Alternatively, you can follow the below points:
- Putting the LimbO on:
- Using your thumb and forefinger, carefully grip your LimbO seal and insert your limb and cast into the opening
- Draw it up easing the black seal over the cast or bandage
- Secure Your LimbO:
- Pull the LimbO down slightly so that the seal reverses itself, allowing the inner surface of the seal to come into direct contact with your skin
- Ensure that the seal of the LimbO lays flat against the skin and is wrinkle-free
- Remove trapped air to avoid floating by lifting the seal and squeezing out the air
- After Your Shower or Bath:
- Carefully roll the seal back on itself a little, before easing it over your cast
- Hang your LimbO upside down to dry
How Waterproof Is the LimbO Cast Protector?
The LimbO Cast Protector is designed using waterproof neoprene, meaning that as long it is sealed correctly it will not allow any water inside the cast. The protector is easy to use, so you shouldn't have too much trouble ensuring that no water is leaked.
How Comfortable Is the Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector?
The Waterproof Cast Protector is designed using a comfortable PVC, nylon and neoprene blend that ensures comfort during use. The material doesn't feel irritable on the skin, in part thanks to the adhesive and latex-free design.
Can I Reuse the LimbO Plaster Cast and Dressing Protector?
Yes, the LimbO Cast Protector is suitable for repeated use. Please note, we recommend hanging the protector up after use so that it can dry.
What Materials Are Used On the LimbO Plaster Protector?
Please note that this product is non-returnable on the grounds of hygiene, meaning that it is imperative that you select the correct size when ordering.