LimbO Child Full Arm Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector
The LimbO Child Full Arm Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector is designed to fit over an arm or elbow cast, where the self-sealing design will prevent water from entering. This allows a child between the ages of 4 and 13 to wash, bathe, shower or swim in a pool without risk of damaging their cast.
What Is the LimbO Child Full Arm Plaster Cast Protector For?
The LimbO Child Full Arm Plaster Cast and Dressing Protector is designed to keep a child's cast dry during showering, bathing or swimming in a pool. It can fit most children under the age of 13, and is designed for injuries where the cast covers the elbow. Key points include:
- Protect your cast while showering, bathing or swimming in a pool
- Fit easily around your cast via a neoprene seal
- Skin-friendly and suitable for repeated use
- Completely waterproof material
- Improves your quality of life
Which Ages Can Use the LimbO Full Arm Protector?
The LimbO Full Arm Protector is designed for use by children between the ages of 3 to 13. For full sizing information please view our sizing chart below.
Which Injuries Can I Use the LimbO Full Arm Cast Protector For?
The LimbO Full Arm Cast Protector can be used with most arm injuries, which includes:
- Arm sprains
- Arm breaks
- Hand injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Upper arm injuries
The only thing required is that the cast covers most of the arm and the elbow.
Sizing of the LimbO Child Full Arm Plaster Cast and Dressing Protector
To decide which size your child requires you can use their age as a rough guide, or their specific measurements to get a more accurate result. To ensure that you do get the correct size, please follow the below points:
- Once you have matched your child's age in the first column, measure the length of your child's arm from the tip of the fingers to the point that matches the Limbo Length column.
- Once you have done this, measure the circumference of the arm and check that it lies in the "Suitable Limb Circumference" measurement range.
- To make sure that the LimbO Cast Protector will fit over the cast or dressing, make sure that the cast at its widest point matches the circumference in the third column.
|Age (Years) ||Code ||Limbo Length ||Suitable Limb Circumference ||Maximum Cast Circumference |
|4 - 5 ||FA45 ||43cm ||16cm - 22cm ||29cm |
|6 - 7 ||FA67 ||49cm ||22cm - 25cm ||33cm |
|8 - 10 ||FA810 ||59cm ||22cm - 25cm ||33cm |
|11 - 13 ||FA1113 ||58cm ||25cm - 34cm ||40cm |
How Does the LimbO Full Arm Cast and Dressing Protector Work?
The LimbO Full Arm Protector includes a seal-sealing ring around the top of a neoprene bag-style protector. Once you've fitted the protector, it will seal above the cast, preventing water from getting inside during showering and bathing. The protector is completely waterproof, ensuring that your cast will not be damaged.
How Do I I Use the LimbO Child Full Arm Cast Protector?
Fitting your Limbo Cast Protector is designed to be easy to wear. To do so correctly, please follow the below instructions:
- Putting the LimbO on:
- Using your thumb and forefinger, carefully grip your LimbO seal and insert your limb and cast into the opening
- Draw it up easing the black seal over the cast or bandage
- Secure Your LimbO:
- Pull the LimbO down slightly so that the seal reverses itself, allowing the inner surface of the seal to come into direct contact with your skin
- Ensure that the seal of the LimbO lays flat against the skin and is wrinkle-free
- Remove trapped air to avoid floating by lifting the seal and squeezing out the air
- After Your Shower or Bath:
- Carefully roll the seal back on itself a little, before easing it over your cast
- Hang your LimbO upside down to dry
How Durable Is the LimbO Full Arm Protector?
It's important that children have a durable protector as they may be prone to messing with or trying to damage the protector. The LimbO is designed to be durable, ensuring that it should withstand anything that a child may have to throw at it.
How Waterproof Is the LimbO Cast Protector?
The LimbO Cast Protector is designed using waterproof neoprene, meaning that as long it is sealed correctly it will not allow any water inside the cast. The protector is easy to use, so you shouldn't have too much trouble ensuring that no water is leaked.
How Comfortable Is the Waterproof Cast and Dressing Protector?
The Waterproof Cast Protector is designed using a comfortable PVC, nylon and neoprene blend that ensures comfort during use. The material doesn't feel irritable on the skin, in part thanks to the adhesive and latex-free design.
Can I Reuse the LimbO Plaster Cast and Dressing Protector?
Yes, the LimbO Cast Protector is suitable for repeated use. Please note, we recommend hanging the protector up after use so that it can dry.
What Materials Are Used On the LimbO Plaster Protector?
Please note that this product is non-returnable on the grounds of hygiene, meaning that it is imperative that you select the correct size when ordering.