Genutec Long and Short Post-Operative Knee Brace
Post operative knee braces need to limit mobility of the area without damaging it further. The Genutec Long and Short Post-Operative Knee Brace features high quality foam liners and full circumferential straps with touch-and-close fastenings for easy application. This accelerates the healing process while providing light relief from symptomatic aches and pains.
Which Size Is Right For Me?
The Long and Short Post-Operative Knee Brace is available in two fixed length versions. Please see the table below for details and select the appropriate size for you from the drop-down menu above.
|Size ||Length |
|Short ||17¾" (45cm) |
|Long || |
When to Use a Knee Brace
The Genutec Long and Short Post-Operative Knee Brace is recommended for:
- Controlled rehabilitation of ACL/PCL/MCL and LCL injuries
- Post-operative immobilisation of the knee
- Unstable knees
- Treatments requiring flexion: -10 to 120° in 10° increment
- Treatments requiring extension: -10 to 30° in 10° increments
How Should a Knee Brace Fit?
Knee braces should be tight but not uncomfortable. You can check if your knee brace fits correctly using the 'two-finger rule'. Put the knee brace on, tighten the straps around the knee, and see if you can fit two fingers underneath. If you can do so with excess room, then the brace is too loose and vice versa.
Key Features of the Long and Short Post-Operative Knee Brace
- Fixed short or long length for diverse range of use
- Traditional two panel design is simplistic and practical
- High quality tibial and femoral foam liners for max comfort
- Adjustable ROM hinges ensures a completely custom fit
- Easy placement and alignment for patients and carers
- Integrates strap/hinge design for full functionality
- Full circumferential straps for a secure, bespoke fit
- Touch-and-close fastenings for easy application
- Flexion and extension limitation to enhance healing
The adjustable ROM hinges of the Genutec Long and Short Post-Operative Knee Brace are attached to its liners with a hook and loop closure. This allows for simple placement and alignment.