FixStep Walker Boot with Standard Liner (Short)
Maximising your comfort and stability, the FixStep Walker Boot with Standard Line (Short) is an essential investment for individuals recovering from injuries and surgery in the foot region. It boasts a highly convenient and cost-effective design, with a lightweight build, user-friendly fastening system and removeable, washable liner. Significantly reducing the pressure placed on your lower limbs and feet with its 'paddle' and shock absorbing design, the FixStep Walker Boot encourages a fast and smooth recovery, where users experience minimal discomfort.
Find the Right Size for You
The FixStep Boot is available in five sizes, and can be configured for use on both legs. To find out which size you require, please consult the table below.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||UK Size 1.5 - 3 |
|Small ||UK Size 3 - 5.5 |
|Medium ||UK Size 6 - 9 |
|Large ||UK Size 9.5 - 11 |
|Extra Large ||UK Size 11+ |
Who Can Wear the FixStep Boot?
The Short FixStep Walker Boot with Standard Liner is predominantly used to aid in post-operative foot surgery rehabilitation, and is ideal for improving the recovery process for the following:
- Toe fractures
- Metatarsal stress fractures
- Ankle instability
- Plantar fasciitis
- Soft tissue ankle/foot trauma
- Linsfranc injuries
If you're experiencing pain or recovering from surgery/injuries above the foot region, then the Tall FixStep Walker Boot with Standard Liner or the Tall FixStep Walker Boot with Air Liner may be better alternative rehabilitative options.
Key Features and Benefits
- Lightweight leg brace aids in effective and fast injury rehabilitation
- 'Paddle' design reduces pressure and improves stability and immobilisation
- Two-part injection moulded sole unit provides excellent durability for long-lasting performance
- Rocker sole profile improves walking technique for better recovery
- Comfortable, detachable liners can be washed and re-used for hygiene and cost efficiency
- Flared, deeper heel region mitigates pressure on the Achilles region
- Ideal for managing injuries such as fractures, strains and broken limbs
- Shock absorbing design reduces impact and pressure for comfort on foot
- Accommodates full dressings and padding without added discomfort
- Anti-slip outsole offers excellent grip and traction, maximising your safety
- High quality hook/loop straps with Velcro are easy for patients to operate and adjust
- Strap lock system increases security, preventing straps from rotating or loosening
Is the FixStep Boot Easy to Use?
The FixStep Walker has a user-friendly design, with simple hook and loop (Velcro) straps for patients to operate and adjust their braces with ease. This straightforward design is essential for patients in recovery looking for an easy rehabilitation solution.
Designed for Maximum Comfort
The FixStep Walker is manufactured with a number of features to enhance your comfort throughout your recovery. These features include:
- Adjustable Straps: With a simple hook and loop design, these versatile, adjustable straps allow for a customized fit, suiting the needs of most users. They can also reduce the risk of over-tightening, which can add pressure to your healing limbs.
- Shock Absorbing Design: Incorporating shock absorbing properties, the FixStep's design effectively reduces impact placed on the foot to prevent pressure, pain and fatigue for long-lasting comfort.
- Comfortable Liners: This product is supplied with detachable liners, which offer excellent support and cushioning over sensitive areas. As they can be re-washed and re-used, users can also maintain high levels of hygiene to keep your feet/legs feeling fresh inside your boot.
- Lightweight Construction: As well as speeding up your recovery time by reducing the pressure placed on your limbs due to added weight, this lightweight boot enables you to move with greater ease, for optimal mobility.
Despite their simple appearance, the soles of the FixStep Walker are engineered to solve multiple purposes. With a rocker sole profile, this sole helps to enhance your walking technique to aid in better recovery, encouraging a more natural and efficient gait as you step.
As well as this feature minimising the pressure placed on your injured limb for greater comfort, their anti-slip, textured design ensures you have a good grip on slippery and uneven terrain, preventing further injuries caused by falling.
How To Even Out Leg-Length Discrepancies
As your regular footwear may not match the height of your FixStep, leg length discrepancies are a possibility. To alleviate this, we recommend wearing shoes with a correctly and proportionately sized sole on your healthy foot to balance out the extra height given by the boot. Alternatively, we offer a solution in the form of the Evenup Shoe Balancer, which can be adjusted at three different incremental heights.
How Long Should I Wear My FixStep Boot?
It is recommended that you wear your FixStep Walker Boot for as long as is recommended by your healthcare professional following your recovery. This period typically ranges from between four to eight weeks however, which is when the foot, ankle or leg can typically load bear again following surgery.
Other Available Versions
Please consult the table below to view our other available FixStep Walker Models.