FixStep Walker Boot with Air Liner (Tall)
With an innovative, convenient and user-friendly design, the FixStep Walker Boot with Air Liner (Tall) stands out as an effective tool in enhancing post-op and injury recovery. Built with an integrated air pump, shock absorbing slip-resistant outsoles and an adjustable fastening system, this walker boot helps users to manage pain and discomfort, by reducing swelling in afflicted areas, whilst ensuring yo remain safe and stable, particularly on slippery and uneven surfaces.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
The FixStep Boot is available in five sizes, and can be configured for use on both legs. To find out which size you require, please consult the table below.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||UK Size 1.5 - 3 |
|Small ||UK Size 3 - 5.5 |
|Medium ||UK Size 6 - 9 |
|Large ||UK Size 9.5 - 11 |
|Extra Large ||UK Size 11+ |
Who Can Wear the FixStep Boot?
Designed to reduce pressure on the lower leg for better immobilisation and stability, the Tall FixStep Boot with Air Liner is an excellent choice for post-operative and injury recovery. Suitable applications include:
- Acute ankle sprains
- Achilles tendonitis
- Post-operative ankle treatment
- Post-operative foot treatment
- Foot fractures
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis
If your injuries are predominantly located in the foot region, then the Short FixStep Walker Boot with Air Liner or Short FixStep Walker Boot with Standard Liner may be better rehabilitative options.
Key Features and Benefits
- Lightweight leg brace aids in effective and fast injury rehabilitation
- Integrated high volume pump on liner for ease of use and faster inflation
- 'Paddle' design reduces pressure and improves stability and immobilisation
- Two-part injection moulded sole unit provides excellent durability for long-lasting performance
- Rocker sole profile improves walking technique for better recovery
- Comfortable, detachable liners can be washed and re-used for hygiene and cost efficiency
- Flared, deeper heel region mitigates pressure on the Achilles region
- Ideal for managing injuries such as fractures, strains and broken limbs
- Shock absorbing design reduces impact and pressure for comfort on foot
- Accommodates full dressings and padding without added discomfort
- Anti-slip outsole offers excellent grip and traction, maximising your safety
- High quality hook/loop straps with Velcro are easy for patients to operate and adjust
- Strap lock system increases security, preventing straps from rotating or loosening
What Is the Purpose of the Air Pump?
Offering users the advantage of another customisable support feature, the air pump is the perfect addition to your rehabilitative device. Ways in which the air pump can help with your recovery include:
- Allows users to adjust the level of compression/pressure placed on afflicted areas to their personal needs for maximum comfort
- Air pump helps with gradually reducing swelling that can be caused by certain injuries, for improved circulation
- Enables more progressive healing, with users being able to adapt the use of their pumps with whatever stage of recovery they are at
- Excellent form of pain management, by helping to alleviating pressure and discomfort in the initial stages of your recovery
Straightforward Design for Ease of Use
The FixStep Walker has a user-friendly design, with simple hook and loop (Velcro) straps for patients to operate and adjust their braces with ease. This straightforward design is essential for patients in recovery looking for an easy rehabilitation solution.
How Comfortable Is the Walker Boot?
The FixStep Walker is manufactured with a number of features to enhance your comfort throughout your recovery. These features include:
- Adjustable Straps: With a simple hook and loop design, these versatile, adjustable straps allow for a customized fit, suiting the needs of most users. They can also reduce the risk of over-tightening, which can add pressure to your healing limbs.
- Shock Absorbing Design: Incorporating shock absorbing properties, the FixStep's design effectively reduces impact placed on the foot to prevent pressure, pain and fatigue for long-lasting comfort.
- Comfortable Liners: This product is supplied with detachable liners, which offer excellent support and cushioning over sensitive areas. As they can be re-washed and re-used, users can also maintain high levels of hygiene to keep your feet/legs feeling fresh inside your boot.
- Lightweight Construction: As well as speeding up your recovery time by reducing the pressure placed on your limbs due to added weight, this lightweight boot enables you to move with greater ease, for optimal mobility.
Safety and Stability On the Move
Despite their simple appearance, the soles of the FixStep Walker are engineered to solve multiple purposes. With a rocker sole profile, this sole helps to enhance your walking technique to aid in better recovery, encouraging a more natural and efficient gait as you step.
As well as this feature minimising the pressure placed on your injured limb for greater comfort, their anti-slip, textured design ensures you have a good grip on slippery and uneven terrain, preventing further injuries caused by falling.
Worried About Leg Length Discrepancies?
As your regular footwear may not match the height of your FixStep, leg length discrepancies are a possibility. To alleviate this, we recommend wearing shoes with a correctly and proportionately sized sole on your healthy foot to balance out the extra height given by the boot. Alternatively, we offer a solution in the form of the Evenup Shoe Balancer, which can be adjusted at three different incremental heights.
How Long Should I Wear My FixStep Boot?
It is recommended that you wear your FixStep Walker Boot for as long as is recommended by your healthcare professional following your recovery. This period typically ranges from between four to eight weeks however, which is when the foot, ankle or leg can typically load bear again following surgery.
Other Available Versions
Please consult the table below to view our other available FixStep Walker Models.