Epitact Flexible Thumb Brace
Relieve arthritis related thumb joint pain without sacrificing dexterity with the Epitact Flexible Thumb Brace. It holds the thumb loosely in a rest position that reduces painful micromovements while still allowing you to complete everyday activities like driving and typing. Featuring a lightweight, flexible and thin design, the arthritic orthosis is easy to apply and comfortable to wear all-day.
What Size is Right for Me?
The arthritis sleeve is available in three sizes that should fit most people. Please measure circumference of your wrist and consult the table below to find your ideal size:
|Brace Size ||Wrist Circ. |
|Small ||13 - 15cm |
|Medium ||15 - 17cm |
|Large ||17 - 19cm |
Key Features and Benefits of Epitact Flexible Thumb Brace
- Relieves joint pain caused by arthrosis at base of thumb
- Specially designed not to impede use of hand
- Reduces painful micromovements
- Holds thumb in resting position to help expedite recovery
- Maintains localised warmth within joint
- Preserves thumb without immobilisation to aid everyday activities
- Ultra-lightweight and thin design is comfortable and unobtrusive
- Machine washable at 30°C
- Class 1 medical device
Who Can Benefit from the Epitact Thumb Brace?
The brace is made specifically to treat thumb joint pain related to arthritis, including issues caused by root orthosis.
How Does the Orthotic Thumb Brace Work?
The Epitact Orthotic Brace uses shock absorption to relieve joint arthrosis pain at the root of the thumb in the following ways:
- Limits everyday traumatic micromovements
- Keeps thumb suspended in a rest position
- Preserves heat at the thumb joint
How Do You Use the Thumb Brace?
The Epitact Thumb Brace is really easy to apply, simply slide your hand through the opening like a glove. For a demonstration, please watch the video below:
Use with a Night Brace for Best Results
This brace is specially designed to retain the dexterity of your hand when it is needed during the day for daily tasks. At night, however, it is best to give your thumb even more rest and completely immobilise it with an Epitact Rigid Thumb Night Brace.
Helps With Everyday Activities
This arthritis thumb sleeve is specially designed to retain the dexterity of the wearer to help with everyday activities like driving, texting and writing.
Easy to Apply and Comfortable
The elastane/silicone blend of the brace makes it really easy and painless to apply. It also makes it comfortable and ideal for sustained, all-day use.
- Do not use brace on injured skin
- For daytime use
- Remove splint if too tight and impedes circulation
- Do not use near a flame
- Wash at 30°C or by hand with soap and water (without rubbing)
- Leave to dry naturally
- Do not iron
- Reusable for several months
- 86% Polyamide/Elastane fabric
- 14% Silicone