Daray Excel LED Dental Examination Light
The Daray Excel LED Dental Examination Light uses an advanced six-LED head to achieve extra clear dental illumination. Available in two different mounting configurations, it is perfectly suited to facilitate the majority of dental examinations and procedures.
What Are the Benefits of the Daray Excel LED Dental Examination Light?
With accessible handles and a spring balanced arm, this lamp is exceptionally easy to handle. Its bright, six LED illumination is ideal for performing dental examinations and clinical procedures of all kinds, with clear tissue colour realisation at a super cool colour temperature of around 6950K. It combines the familiarity of traditional dental lighting designs with contemporary innovations – such as infrared operated intensity control – to maximise its performance in illumination, hygiene and ease of use.
How Easy Is It to Reposition the Lamp-Head?
The spring balanced suspension arms and triple axis rotation in both models of this dental lamp allow for effortless repositioning. The head can be readjusted with a single hand. Once left in place the lamp-head will not move, allowing you to use your hands where you need them.
What Are the Features of the Excel LED Dental Examination Light?
For the highest level of professional dental lighting, the Excel LED Light includes the following features:
- Brilliant illumination – reaches up to 35,000 Lux for clear tissue colour
- Six direct LED modules – offer the most efficient illumination over a wide area
- Adjustable intensity – allows the practitioner to achieve bespoke lighting
- Cool colour temperature – facilitates excellent colour rendering and clarity
- Extremely cool running – to guard against discomfort for patient and practitioner, particularly during long or precise procedures
- Energy efficient LED – saves you money while saving the environment
- Triple axis rotation – helps you to achieve the perfect lighting location
- Contactless controls – utilise an infrared sensor to allow intensity adjustment and on/off function to be operated without direct contact between the hand and light-head, minimising the risk of cross-contamination
How Bright Is the Illumination?
This six LED light is able to achieve an impressive 35,000 Lux illumination at 0.75m. It can be adjusted to achieve bespoke levels of brightness during examinations and dental procedures. Both on/off and variable intensity functions are easily operated from a contactless infrared sensor to minimise the risk of cross-contamination.
Which Model Options Are Available?
There are two different mounting options available for the Excel LED Dental Examination Light:
- Wall Mount (EXCELW) – depending on the space in which you are working, a wall mount can offer the perfect mounting solution. It doesn't clutter the floor, and has an impressive reach, allowing for versatile use. It is ideal for rooms with high ceilings, or ceilings from which it is not appropriate to mount a heavy medical light.
- Ceiling Mount (EXCELC) – by lifting the full apparatus above the heads of patient and practitioner, the ceiling mounted model can offer truly unobtrusive illumination and 360º access. With an impressive reach, this mounting method will satisfy the demands of most dental procedures.
Please select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
What Colour Is the Light?
This LED light achieves a very cold light colour temperature of around 6950K. This is towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour. The lamp has a CRI value of 95 and an R9 value of 88.
Ceiling Mounted Excel Dental Light in situ
Will I Need to Change LED Bulbs?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and will last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 50,000 hours of continuous use – the equivalent of over 25 years standard clinical use!
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation – in this case by less than 2ºC! This means you can maximise the comfort of both patient and practitioner during dental examinations and procedures.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray Excel LED Medical Examination Light helps to reduce impact on both the environment and your power bill. It operates at only 12V and will last the full over 50,000 hour lifespan of the lamp, helping to cut down on waste.
What Are the Dimensions of the Light?
For detailed information on the dimensions of this product please consult the following diagrams (all lengths are in mm):
Wall Mounted Light
Ceiling Mounted Light
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Light Come with a Warranty?
Yes! Daray offer a three year warranty on their Excel LED Dental Examination Light. This allows you to make a purchase confident that you will receive high-quality, long-lasting dental lighting.
- Light source: LED
- Number of LEDs: 6
- Normal working distance: 700mm
- Light intensity: 35,000 Lux ±5% at 0.75m
- Light colour temperature: 6950K ± 500
- Colour rendering index (CRI): 95
- Colour rendering (R9): 88
- Light field diameter (D50): 150x70mm ±20mm at 0.7m
- Power consumption: 8 – 12W ±2%
- Avg. lifespan: >50,000 hours
- Input voltage: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Output voltage: 12V AC ±2%
- Temperature rise on patient: ≤2°C
This dental lighting has been manufactured according to the following standards:
- EN ISO 13485:2003
- EN ISO 14971:2007
- EN ISO 9001:2008
- EN 60601-1
- EN 606098
- EN 60601-1-4
- EN 60601-2-41:2009
- EN 1041:2008
- EN 598-2-25