Daray Diamond LED Dental Examination Light
The Daray Diamond LED Dental Examination Light uses a bright LED light and parabolic reflector to produce a neat rectangle of dental illumination. Available in four different mounting configurations, it is ideal for carrying out the majority of dental examinations and procedures.
What Are the Benefits of the Daray Diamond LED Dental Examination Light?
With easy to operate handles and a spring balanced arm, this lamp is exceptionally easy to manoeuvre. Its bright LED illumination and neat rectangular output are ideal for performing dental examinations and procedures of all kinds with clear tissue colour realisation. It combines the familiarity of traditional dental lighting designs with contemporary innovations – such as infra red operated intensity control – to maximise its performance in illumination, hygiene and ease of use.
How Easy Is It to Reposition the Lamp-Head?
The spring balanced suspension arms and triple axis rotation in all models of this dental lamp allow for effortless repositioning. The handles by the head can be readjusted with a single hand. Once left in place the lamp-head will not move, allowing you to use your hands where you need them.
Ceiling Mounted Diamond Light in situ
What Are the Features of the Diamond LED Dental Examination Light?
For the highest level of professional dental lighting, the Diamond LED includes the following features:
Brilliant illumination – reaches up to 35,000 Lux for clear tissue colour
Adjustable intensity – allows the practitioner to achieve bespoke lighting
Cool colour temperature – facilitates excellent colour rendering and clarity
Extremely cool running – guards against discomfort for patient and practitioner
Energy efficient LED – saves you money while saving the environment
Parabolic reflector – pools an even rectangular light patch
Triple axis rotation – helps you to achieve the perfect lighting location
Contactless controls – utilise an infra red sensor to allow intensity adjustment and on/off function to be operated without direct contact between the hand and light-head, minimising the risk of cross-contamination
Removable solid handle sleeves – further contribute towards the exceptional contamination control of this device
How Bright Is the Illumination?
With the help of a parabolic reflector, this single LED light is able to achieve an impressive rectangle of 35,000 Lux illumination at 0.75m. It can be adjusted to achieve bespoke levels of brightness during examinations and dental procedures. Both on/off and variable intensity functions are easily operated from a contactless infrared sensor to minimise the risk of cross-contamination.
How Does the Parabolic Reflector Work?
This dental light uses a parabolic reflector mirror to concentrate the light from its single LED. This allows it to generate a rectangle of bright, 35,000 Lux illumination over the patient's mouth, perfect for dental and oral examination or procedures.
Which Model Options Are Available?
There are four different mounting options available for the Diamond LED Dental Examination Light:
- Unit Mount (DIAMONDDLU) – the most economical mounting option, this allows you to mount your dental lighting directly to a surface. It does not offer the same 360º access as a ceiling mounted option, but can be an excellent solution in the appropriate dentist's office.
- Wall Mount (DIAMONDW) – depending on the space in which you are working, a wall mount can offer the perfect mounting solution. It doesn't clutter the floor, and has an impressive reach allowing for versatile use. It is ideal for rooms with high ceilings, or ceilings from which it is not appropriate to mount a heavy medical light.
- Ceiling Mount (DIAMONDDC) – by lifting the full apparatus above the heads of patient and practitioner, the ceiling mounted model can offer truly unobtrusive illumination and 360º access. With an impressive reach, this mounting method will satisfy the demands of most dental procedures.
- Floor Mount (DIAMONDDFM) – like the unit mount, this option is less space efficient than the wall or ceiling mount. It does, however, offer an excellent solution if the ceiling and wall are inaccessible or inappropriate for supporting heavy dental lighting.
Please select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
What Colour Is the Light?
This LED light achieves a cold light colour temperature of around 5000K. This is just towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour.
Diamond Dental LED Light achieving a neat rectangle of light
Will I Need to Change LED Bulb?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and should last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 50,000 hours of continuous use – the equivalent of over 25 years standard clinical use!
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation. This means you can maximise the comfort of both patient and practitioner during dental examinations and procedures.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray Diamond LED Medical Examination Light helps to reduce the impact on both the environment and and your power bill. It operates at only 12V and will last the full over 50,000 hour lifespan of the lamp, helping to cut down on waste.
What Are the Dimensions of the Light?
For detailed information on the dimensions of this product please consult the following diagrams (all lengths are in mm):
Wall Mounted Light
Ceiling Mounted Light
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Light Come with a Warranty?
Yes! Daray offer a three year warranty on their Diamond LED Dental Examination Light. This allows you to make a purchase confident that you will receive high-quality, long-lasting dental lighting.
- Light source: LED
- Number of LEDs: 1
- Normal working distance: 700mm
- Light intensity: 35,000 Lux at 0.75m
- Avg. lifespan: >50,000 hours
- Light field diameter: 150mm x 70mm ± 20mm
- Power consumption: 8 – 12W ± 2%
- Output Voltage: 12V AC ± 2%
- Colour temperature: 5000K