Bristol Maid Two-Hook Stainless Steel IV Stand (Green Cap)
The Bristol Maid Two-Hook Stainless Steel IV Stand (Green Cap) is a colour-coded and highly stable medical drip stand suitable for use in clinical healthcare settings, such as hospitals, hospices, and care homes. With five non-marking castors, this unit offers a high level of mobility with minimal damage to the ground. The five-leg base with a low centre of gravity offers enhanced stability to help prevent accidents.
What Is the Purpose of the Medical Drip Stand?
Medical drip stands are a crucial piece of clinical furniture / medical equipment that allow clinical healthcare personnel to administer solutions to patients via an IV line and infusion bag. This stand offers a space for the infusion bags to be easily hung above a patient, allowing the drips to travel downwards through the IV line without limiting patient mobility.
You will find these stands most useful with patients who cannot take medicines, food, or water orally for a myriad of reasons.
Who Is the IV Stand With Wheels For?
Mobile IV stands are perfect for use in a wide variety of clinical healthcare environments, including hospitals, hospices, urgent care centres, rehabilitation centres, and care homes.
This Bristol Maid range of drip stands is ideal for busier public healthcare environments. Not only are they highly portable for easy transport of patients, but the colour-indicator base cap provides a method of rapidly distinguishing between drip stands for minimal risk of cross-contamination.
Are There Alternative Drip Stands Available?
There are a range of Bristol Maid Drip Stands available, each with varying features. Some suitable alternatives to this unit include:
Key Features and Benefits
- Medical drip stand with two hooks for hanging infusion bags
- Ideal for aiding the administration of drips to patients
- Suitable for use in clinical healthcare environments
- Non-marking castors offer excellent mobility with minimal damage to the floor
- Five-leg base ensures maximum stability during use
- Meets appendix A (stability requirements) of BS 3619: 1976
- Handwheel included enables easy height-adjustability from 1260 - 2100mm
- Blue indicator cap provides a visual marker to distinguish between similar stands, minimising risks of cross contamination
- Water-resistant finish allows for easy cleaning after each use
- Polyurethane over-mould base is steam-clean compatible for optimal hygiene maintenance
- Includes impact protection to reduce the risk of skin abrasions and bruising
- Maximum load capacity of 4kg
- Overall (W x D): 620 x 620mm
- Height: 1260 - 2100mm
- Pole Diameter: 25mm
- Overall Weight: 7.8kg
- Maximum Stand Capacity: 4kg