Trulife Matrix SuperMax AFO
Ideal for low to high activity patients with unilateral or bilateral foot drop, the Trulife Matrix SuperMax AFO has a trimmable, heat-mouldable and height adjustable anterior shell. It has a uniquely designed foot plate for greater energy reflection and is streamlined for a better fit.
- 1 x Black Ankle Foot Orthosis
- 1 x Hex Key
- 2 x Tibial Pads
What Is an AFO?
AFO stands for Ankle Foot Orthosis and they're specially designed medical devices to support your foot and ankle. These orthotic braces fit into your shoes and provide additional aid to keep your foot from falling and help with recovery.
Key Features and Benefits
- Specially designed footplate integrated with strut for enhanced support
- Reinforced lateral strut provides greater stability, durability and energy return
- Anterior shell is heat-mouldable, trimmable and height adjustable for the perfect fit
- Shank angle increased to 82° to improve knee extension movement at mid stance
- Streamlined foot plate makes it easier to fit into shoes
- Designed to provide comfortable support to those with drop foot
- Made with lightweight carbon composite for enhanced comfort
- Extremely easy to apply and remove for improved compliance
- New and improved soft padding material provides extra pressure relief
- Available in four sizes to accommodate most patients
- Comes with two straps for extra security
- Engineered and tested to two-year warranty period to ISO 22675
Which Size Do I Need?
The Trulife Matrix SuperMax is available in four sizes. Please refer to our sizing table below for more information, taking into account both the 'Support Height' as well as the 'Foot Length' to ensure the AFO will fit comfortably beneath your knee. If your foot length falls within two sizes, we recommend you choose the larger size as the foot plate can be grounded down.
|Size ||Foot Length ||Support Height |
|Small ||<25cm (< 9.8") ||39 - 42cm (15.5 - 16.5") |
|Medium ||24 - 27cm (9.4 - 10.6") ||41 - 43cm (16 - 17") |
|Large ||25 - 29cm (9.8 - 11.4") ||43 - 46cm (17 - 18") |
|Extra Large ||26 - 31cm (10.2 - 12.2") ||43 - 46cm (17 - 18") |
Who Can Benefit from Using the Matrix SuperMax AFO?
You will find this orthotic device useful if you've suffered from the following and have trouble lifting the front part of the foot:
- Nerve injury
- Brain and spinal cord disorder
- Neural muscular atrophy
- Post surgery
- General muscle weakness
Which Conditions Is this Support Designed For?
The Trulife Matrix SuperMax is effective for the following conditions:
- Drop foot (also known as drag foot)
- Weak ankles
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Peroneal palsy
- Flaccid foot drop after neurological impairment
- Moderate spastic equinus foot
How Comfortable Is this Brace?
The Matrix SuperMax is part of their updated range and features a soft padding for greater pressure relief. It's lightweight and streamlined to fit comfortable in your shoes making it a discreet solution to beating foot drop.
How Durable Is the Matrix SuperMax?
The Matrix SuperMax is made of strong carbon composite while the advanced reinforced lateral strut provides greater stability and durability. It comes with a 2-year warranty for your peace of mind.
What Type of Shoes Can I Wear this AFO With?
To ensure your foot plate retains its optimal performance for longer, your footwear should have a firm heel counter, 10mm heel pitch, non-slip flexible sole and enough room to accommodate the orthosis. It should not be worn with high heels and boots.
How Do I Wear the Matrix SuperMax?
- Remove inlay and place Matrix in shoe.
- Place inlay over the top of the Matrix foot plate.
- Insert foot into shoes with laces loosened and then fasten straps.
- Check fit by performing a trial walk.
- Ensure your knee is not hyper-extended.
- Make sure there are no pressure areas which may lead to sores or ulceration.
Please download and refer to this instruction manual before use for your safety.