Timesco Twin-Tube Sprague Rappaport Dual-Head Stethoscope
The Timesco Twin-Tube Sprague Rappaport Dual-Head Stethoscope features a dual-head zinc alloy chest piece with twin tubes providing acoustic sound to each ear. The Sprague Rappaport-style stethoscope is suitable for use with both adults and paediatric patients, and the pack of interchangeable chest pieces provided ensures it can be used in a wide range of medical environments.
- 1 x Twin-Tube Sprague Rappaport Dual-Head Stethoscope
- 1 x Dual-head chest piece with large and small diaphragm (assembled on stethoscope)
- 1 x Adult-sized interchangeable bell-type chest piece
- 1 x Medium-sized interchangeable bell-type chest piece
- 1 x Infant-sized interchangeable bell-type chest piece
- 1 x Large transparent plastic diaphragm
- 1 x Small transparent plastic diaphragm
- 1 x Small spare eartips
- 1 x Medium spare eartips
- 1 x Chrome-plated white plastic binaurals (assembled on stethoscope)
- 1 x Heavy wall tubing with metal clip (assembled on stethoscope)
- 1 x Plastic container for storing accessories
Who Can Use the Twin-Tube Stethoscope?
The Twin-Tube Stethoscope is designed for use by medical professionals, both for practice-based GPs and on-call doctors travelling between clinics. It allows for reliable listening to patient breathing in a wide range of medical settings. As it is a Sprague Rappaport-style stethoscope, it is suitable for use with both adult and paediatric patients.
Which Chest Pieces Are Included?
A selection of chest pieces are included with the stethoscope to ensure that it can be used with a wide range of patients. The following chest pieces are included with
- Large Diaphragm: This chest piece is generally used to detect heart sounds of low frequency, diastolic and all three heart sounds. High-pitched murmurs emitted from the heart are also detectable.
- Small Diaphragm: This attachment is designed to hear infant heart sounds of a high pitched nature.
- Adult Diaphragm: Used to pinpoint low and medium-pitched sounds and murmurs.
- Medium-Sized Bell: Concentrates on narrow spots (e.g. in between ribs or any other small places) to detect low- and medium-pitched sounds or murmurs.
- Infant-Sized Bell: Ideal for the examination of infants and small children. Low- and medium-pitched sounds and murmurs emitted from infant hearts are best sensed by this bell.
What Are the Benefits of a Dual-Head Stethoscope?
The Timesco Twin-Tube Stethoscope features a dual-head design. This double-sided chest piece can be used to listen to sounds caused by a range of heart conditions, as well as other sounds within the body. The larger side of the chest piece features a diameter of 45.5mm, which allows for reliable listening, while the smaller side allows the practitioner to focus more closely on a more specific area.
The Sprague Rappaport design also makes this stethoscope ideal for use with paediatric patients. Simply screw off the adult chest piece, then screw on the chest piece designed for younger patients.
What Is the Twin-Tube Stethoscope Made From?
The Twin-Tube Dual-Head Stethoscope is constructed with PVC tubes, allowing for flexible use. It also features a zinc alloy chest piece for durable use whether it is used in one clinic or on the go.
What Colours Are Available?
The Timesco Twin-Tube Dual-Head Stethoscope is available in a choice of colours, making it particularly suited to paediatric treatments where younger children may prefer brighter colours. Please see below for a list of the available coloured stethoscopes; your required colour can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Black stethoscope
- Blue stethoscope
- Green stethoscope
- Orange stethoscope
- Pink stethoscope
- Purple stethoscope
- Red stethoscope