Promedics Neoprene Wrist Brace
When you suffer from wrist injuries, it's essential to have top quality support to promote proper healing. The Promedics Neoprene Wrist Brace ensures proper healing, using top quality neoprene to soothe painful joints. Perfect for tailoring to your own shape in cases of swelling, this brace is the ideal solution for sore, tender wrists.
- 1 x Promedics Neoprene Wrist Brace
Sizing of the Promedics Neoprene Wrist Brace
The Neoprene Wrist Brace comes in a range of sizes from Extra Small to Extra Large to suit the majority of users, based on wrist circumference. Please consult the table and sizing image below to see which size is best for you:
|Size ||Wrist Circumference (cm) |
|Extra Small ||11.5 - 13cm |
|Small ||14 - 15cm |
|Medium ||16.5 - 18cm |
|Large ||20 - 21.5cm |
|Extra Large ||23 - 24cm |
If you're in between sizes we recommend that you get the larger size as this wrist brace is made from a mildly elasticated material.
Can I Adjust the Design to Fit Me Personally?
We suggest that you heat the malleable aluminium bar and mould it to the angle that will be support your wrist and thumb. This can be done multiple times to provide varying degrees of stabilisation as the injury heals or the condition progresses.
How Should a Wrist Brace Fit?
A wrist brace, also known as a wrist splint, should be snug but not tight. It is essential not to wrap the splint too tightly around your arm as this can restrict blood flow, slowing the healing process and potentially causing more damage to the area. You should be able to comfortably move all your fingers - if you can't, your brace is too tight, and should be loosened using the hook and loop fastenings.
When to Use the Neoprene Wrist Brace
This Neoprene Wrist Brace is great for various conditions, including but not limited to:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile chronic arthritis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative diseases/irritation
- General weakness
- Inflamed tendons
- Ligament damage
- Overuse injuries
- Post-operative recovery
- Sprained/strained wrist
- Worn cartilage
- Wrist instability
Key Features and Benefits of the Promedics Neoprene Wrist Brace
The main features and benefits of the Promedics Neoprene Wrist Brace are:
- Neoprene material is a fantastic insulator, providing warmth that soothes arthritic joints
- Conforms and contours to the shape of the user for great fit and comfort
- Can be cut to fit swollen, arthritic joints making it easily to tailor to your personal needs
- Includes a malleable aluminium thumb stay that holds the thumb firmly in abduction
- Supports the MCP joint while restricting movement at the CMC joint
- Available in a range of sizes from extra small to extra large
- Comes in models for the left or right wrist
- Provides gentle compression that helps reduce swelling and assists with the natural healing process
How Does Neoprene Fabric Soothe Arthritic Conditions?
Warmth causes the blood vessels of your muscles to dilate, which increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. Since neoprene is a natural insulator, this brace increases the pliability of the muscles and connective tissue, which increases joint flexibility and decreases joint stiffness.
How Effective Is This Brace for Treating Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Many people with mild to moderate carpal tunnel syndrome wear a splint at night for a few weeks. The splint holds the joint in a neutral position which can improve the symptoms, reducing pain and improving mobility. It can take several weeks before the beneficial effects become apparent, so the biggest issue with splints for carpal tunnel is actually patient compliance.
We do not recommend putting this brace in a washing machine or dryer. Instead, simply hand wash with mild soap and leave to dry.
This brace is made of neoprene, which has a number of beneficial properties for use in braces and splints:
- Physically strong and tough
- Weather and sun damage resistant
- Provides protection and cushioning
- Latex free (hypoallergenic)