Prestan AED Trainer Plus Universal Automated External Defibrillator Trainer
Defibrillator training will give individuals the confidence to act quickly and effectively if someone has a cardiac arrest. The Prestan AED Trainer Plus Universal Automated External Defibrillator Trainer is the ideal tool to help students learn to operate a defibrillator because it most closely resembles current AED trainers in size and weight, helping to give students for a realistic training experience.
What's Included with the Prestan AED Trainer?
The Prestan AED Trainer includes:
- 1 x Defibrillator Trainer
- 2 x Training Pads (Preconnected)
- 2 x Set of Pad Connector Pins
- 1 x Nylon Carrying Case
Please Note: A manikin is not included with your purchase but will be necessary to demonstrate the AED.
Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-use AED Trainer providing realistic AED training for sudden cardiac arrest
- Includes with preconnected training pads suitable for both adults and children
- Dual graphics on pads shows anatomical placement for both adults and children
- Integrated pad sensing system that tells you when each pad is placed on the manikin
- Unique pad connector with locking connector pin for secure placement
- Protective and reusable pad tray helps to keep pads clean and in good condition
- Device can be used with any manikin
- Bright, illuminated shock button that flashes when shock is advised
- Five pre-programmed scenarios to choose from to increase student's experience
- Child training button to accurately simulate AED use with child
- Child AED specific voice prompts
- Choose between automatic or semi-automatic shock simulation for your convenience
- CPR coaching voice prompts and metronome beats for guidance on rhythm
- Compression metronome can be turned on or off
- 'Give breaths' prompt can be turned on or off
- Volume button can be toggled between 3 volume levels
- Requires 4 'C' batteries (not included)
- Long battery life and low battery voice-prompt warning
- Automatic shut-off to extend battery life
- Optional remote control (sold separately) that can control several AED trainers within its range
- Water and splash resistant
- Two language options (English and German) with toggle button
- Programming is compliant with current AHA guidelines and is upgradeable
- 3-year warranty for peace of mind
What Are the Benefits of Using an AED Trainer?
Sudden cardiac arrest is a leading cause of premature death, and when a cardiac arrest occurs, every second matters. AED's are proven to save lives, so the more comfortable and confident people are to use one, the better. Using an AED trainer like the Prestan Trainer Plus allow users to become familiar with using an AED device, so they are able to feel confident and act quickly to administer shocks and perform CPR in a sudden cardiac arrest situation.
Who Can Use an AED Trainer?
Anyone can train to use an AED using the Prestan Trainer Plus. Non-medical personnel from the following professions can train to use an AED:
- Police officers
- Fire fighters
- Flight attendants
- Security guards
How Does the Prestan AED Trainer Plus Defibrillator Trainer Work?
The Prestan AED Trainer allows you to choose from five pre-programmed scenarios which cover a wide range of possible situations to prepare your students to respond confidently and effectively in an emergency. The Prestan Defibrillator Trainer allows you to pause the scenarios at any time to comment on the training in progress, before continuing at the same position once the pause function is deactivated. The red shock button will flash when the programme instructs to deliver a shock, and the child button will light up when the child option is active.
Does the Prestan AED Trainer Help with CPR?
Whilst around half of cardiac arrest victims require a shock, all victims will benefit from CPR. The Prestan AED Trainer comes with a CPR Metronome feature that begins with an audible prompt to begin CPR. This is followed by clear metronome beats and an audible counting prompt for every 10 compression counts ("Ten, Twenty, Thirty"). After 30 compression beats, the metronome pauses for an audible instruction to give two breaths. This cycle of compression beats and breaths continues for 5 cycles (2 minutes), before the unit analyses the patient. The metronome beats can be switched off so the student can practice CPR with less guidance as they increase their confidence.
Is the Preston Defibrillator Trainer Customisable?
The Prestan AED Trainer offers plenty of customisable options for a more realistic training experience. The child training button on the Prestan Trainer Plus allows for accurate simulation of using an AED with a child. Voice prompts can be turned on and off, as can the compression metronome, allowing for new students to receive more guidance at the beginning of their training and become more independent as their confidence increases.
High-Performance Training Pads and Pad Sensing System
With clear anatomical placement graphics, the Prestan AED Trainer Plus is easy to use correctly. Backed with long-life adhesive for effective positioning, the Prestan AED Trainer features a unique pad connector with locking connector pins for extra accuracy of placement. The pad sensing system detects when the pads have been connected to a manikin. The pads are suitable for both adults and children, eliminating the need to switch pads mid-session.
How Often Do the Pads Need to Be Replaced?
With proper care, the AED pads will last approximately 100 applications before they need to be replaced. The Prestan AED Trainer comes with a protective and reusable double-sided pad tray to store your AED pads safely.
What is the Difference Between the Prestan AED Trainer Plus and the Prestan AED UltraTrainer?
Both trainers have similar features, but the Prestan AED Trainer Plus offers a larger and more realistic size and weight in comparison to a live AED. The Prestan AED Trainer Plus is a more compact unit that can be operated from its soft case. See the Prestan AED UltraTrainer here:
See the Prestan AED Trainer Plus for Yourself
To learn more about the Prestan AED Trainer Plus, please watch this short video.
- Batteries Required: 4 x 'C' Batteries
- Dimensions: 28 x 22 x 12cm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
For more information on the unique features of the Prestan AED Trainer Plus, please download the instruction sheet PDF.
Please note that the Prestan AED Trainer Plus is intended for training purposes only. It is not an automated External Defibrillator (AED) and will not deliver a shock. To avoid confusion, it should never be kept in the same area with AEDs.