PMB 53 Moisture Analyser
Moisture analysis is a vital function in many biological laboratories and pharmaceutical processes. Offering fantastic accuracy and efficiency in such applications, the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser is faster than most common moisture analysis methods. It features a stylish design, intuitive operation and is capable of holding up to 50g of material at a time.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a piece of equipment that has already been ordered.
What Are Moisture Analysers?
Moisture analysers can determine the amount of liquid in a substance by weighing it, then drying it and re-weighing it again. The amount of mass lost can then be used to calculate moisture content.
Applications for the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser
Suitable for figuring out moisture content in samples as large as 50g, the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser can be used in a number of industries including biological research and pharmaceutical manufacturing. It can carry out the following applications:
- Moisture determination
What Is the Capacity of the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser?
The PMB 53 Moisture Analyser has a reasonably large weight capacity of 50g, so can be used to dry medium-sized samples. To help you measure your substances as accurately as possible, there is a visible capacity tracker on the display screen and an audible alarm that is triggered when this capacity is exceeded.
How Do I Use the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser?
For optimum efficiency in busy lab settings, the PMB Moisture Analyser is designed to be as easy to operate as possible and features colour-coded keys highlighting commonly used functions. For further instructions on the set-up, calibration and use of your Moisture Analyser, refer to the PDF Instruction Manual below:
|User Instructions |
Ideal for Precision Testing
Being able to control the conditions of a test as carefully as possible is often instrumental in a successful moisture anaylsis. Offering extensive customisability, the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser has an adjustable temperature range and three different drying procedures (constant, stepped and ramp-up). If your test does not require such exact precision, you can also choose from seven pre-set drying modes.
Highly Efficient Operation
For maximum efficiency and smoother testing in your laboratory, the PMB Moisture Analyser allows you to store up to 49 different recipes and 99 test results. It can also be set to begin processing the moment the lid is shut so no time is ever wasted.
Date and Time Stamped Printouts
You can set your PMB Moisture Analyser to print a report after each configuration. In adherence with Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, all printouts will be marked with the date, time, analyser number and confirmation of the calibration.
To help deter thieves and stop the balance from being taken to unauthorised areas, it is fitted with a slot for Kensington-type locks and cables. You can use this feature to secure your balance overnight, or to keep it from being moved off of a designated surface.
Specifications of the PMB 53 Moisture Analyser
- Capacity: 50g
- Readability: 0.001g / 0.01%
- Repeatability: 0.001g
- Calibration: External Calibration (weight and temperature)
- Pan Size: 100mm diameter
- Power Supply: Mains power cord
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 6kg
- Weighing Units: g, %M, %S, ATRO %M, ATRO %S
- Time to Stabilisation: 3 seconds
- Materials: Die-cast aluminium
- Linearity: 0.002g
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40°C
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 250 x 360 x 185mm
Key Features and Benefits
- Durable aluminium exterior protects hardware
- Colour-coded keys highlight popular functions
- Pan lifter makes inserting and removing samples quick and easy
- Three different heating settings allow you to customise your tests
- Visible tracker helps you avoid exceeding the analyser's capacity
- Memory holds up to 49 'recipes' and 99 test results
- Features seven drying modes suitable for a number of products
- Wide temperature range of 50°C -160°C
- For maximum precision, temperature can be lowered or increased a degree at a time
- Printouts are marked with date and time for improved data tracking
- Security slot for Kensington lock and cable reduces risk of theft
- RS-232 interface enables quick communication to computers and printers
- Multilingual capability caters to different regions
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.