Ossur High Arm Sling
Designed to enhance blood flow for quicker, better recovery, the Ossur High Arm Sling keeps injured limbs out of the way for prevention of further knocks and bumps. Holding the arm upright, this sling enforced proper circulation to the area for the best possible recovery. With a hook and loop fastening and comfortable materials, this sling offers customisable treatment to suit your needs entirely.
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed for use following surgery or trauma to the area
- Provides additional support to your injury
- Aids recuperation by limiting movement
- Minimises discomfort to the hand, wrist, arm or shoulder
- Limits your range of motion to help your injury heal
- Protects the area against further damage
- Holds the upper arm in a raised position for better healing
- Breathable nylon and foam laminate construction
- Easy to apply with touch-and-close fastening
- Hand washable at 40°C for convenience and hygiene
Sizing of the Arm Support
The High Arm Sling is available in a universal size to fit most people. As it's been designed with adjustable Velcro straps, you can choose the correct level of support you need.
Indications for the Immobilising Sling
The Ossur Arm Sling can be used for a range of different conditions. This includes the following:
- Post hand, wrist or arm surgery
- Post injury to the hands, wrist or arm
- Post surgery on the hands, wrist or arm
Why Should You Use the High Arm Support?
Any movement beyond a limited range of motion can cause a recurrence of the initial injury you suffered from. This will only delay your ability to return to your normal activities and routine. The Ossur Arm Sling holds your arm in a raised, neutral position to prevent it from moving in ways that could exacerbate your injury.
As slings are generally worn for long periods of time, it's integral that they're as comfortable as possible. Constructed from nylon and foam laminate, the High Arm Sling is breathable for improved comfort. The sling also has adjustable Velcro fastenings that help provide you with personalised support while helping you remain at ease.
Designed for ease and convenience, this sling can be washed at 40°C.
Which Environments Require Strapping Materials?
The following environments should be equipped with arm slings:
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Schools and Universities