Jura Off-Loading Diabetes Shoe
Diabetic-related foot conditions such as neuropathic ulcers, Charcot foot and infection can cause serious complications up to and including necrosis and amputation. The Jura Off-Loading Diabetes Shoe is specifically designed to redistribute pressure around the foot during each step, helping to improve circulation and prevent diabetic conditions that result from a lack of blood flow.
This product is also designed for use with an Off-Loading Insole if you require additional support and comfort.
- 1 x Jura Off-Loading Diabetes Shoe
Sizing for the Jura Off-Loading Diabetes Shoe
This Jura off-loading shoe is available in a range of sizes to fit the majority of users. Please use the sizing table below to determine the correct size for you, then select your preferred option from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||UK Shoe Size |
|Extra Small ||Size 2 - 4 |
|Small ||Size 5 - 6 |
|Medium ||Size 7 - 8 |
|Large ||Size 9 - 11 |
|Extra Large ||Size 12 - 14 |
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed for users with or at risk of diabetic related conditions
- Helps to remove pressure from the ulcerated area of the foot
- Durable and comfortable padded nylon upper
- Available to buy in a variety of sizes sizes to suit most users
- The universal design fits either the left or right foot
- Adjustable hook and loop forefoot fastenings for a secure and personalised fit
- Adjustable ankle-to-heel strap allows you to adjust the compression to individual needs
- Tough and durable sole unit, shaped to redistribute pressure around the foot as you walk
- Extendable forefoot closure panel can accommodate dressings and other padding
- Removable insole can be altered or replaced with a specially designed Off-Loading Insole
Can This Off-Loading Shoe Effectively Treat Diabetic Foot Ulcers?
In a study by VA Puget Sound Health Care System, therapeutic footwear such as off-loading shoes have been shown to have a beneficial effect in the primary and secondary prevention of diabetic foot ulcers. Additionally, patients who routinely wear therapeutic footwear and orthoses are less likely to develop ulcer recurrence.
This is further backed up by another study from Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf which found that diabetic patients who wore their therapeutic footwear for more than 60% of the daytime reduced ulcer recurrence by more than 50%.
How To Apply the Jura Off-Loading Diabetes Shoe
The easy to use hook-and-loop fastenings make this off-loading shoe simple to apply.
- Insert the specially designed Off-Loading Insole if you have purchased one
- Place the foot inside the Jura Off-Loading Shoe
- Fasten the hook and loop closures
- Adjust the straps until secure but be careful not to over-tighten as this can reduce circulation to the foot
- If you feel any numbness or tingling we advise you loosen the straps
How Comfortable Is This Off-Loader Diabetic Shoe?
The Jura Off-Loading Shoe is made from a lightweight, breathable nylon material which enhances comfort, turning therapeutic footwear from a chore into a pleasure. The squared toe box and wide foot bed leave ample room for wound dressings and provide protection to your toes.
Will This Off-Loading Shoe Fit Either Foot?
Yes, the Jura Off-Loading Diabetes shoe is universally designed to fit either foot. Please note that each purchase only includes a single shoe.