Microlife WatchBP Home A (AFIB) Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
The Microlife WatchBP Home A (AFIB) Digital Blood Pressure Monitor is an intuitive blood pressure monitor for use at home. It is capable of monitoring atrial fibrillation and highly recommended for this purpose.
What Is Included with My Purchase?
Any order of the Microlife WatchBP Home A (AFIB) Digital Blood Pressure Monitor will include the following:
- 1 x Microlife Home A blood pressure monitor
- 1 x Medium adult blood pressure cuff (22 to 32cm)
- 1 x 5 year warranty
What Are the Features of the Microlife WatchBP Home A (AFIB) Digital Blood Pressure Monitor?
- Capable of atrial fibrillation (AFIB) detection
- Takes an average reading from three measurements to maximise accuracy
- Easy and convenient to use handheld device
- Large and intuitive readouts are easy to read
- Connectable to PC via USB connection
- Supplied with a medium adult blood pressure cuff (22cm to 32cm)
- Embedded ESH/AHA measurement guidelines lead to accurate home measurement data physicians can trust
- Automated data tabulation displays averages for morning, evening and overall measurement
What Is AFIB?
Atrial fibrillation – shortened to AFIB – is a heart condition where the heart rate becomes irregular and sometimes very fast. While a normal heart rate sits between 60 and 200 bpm, the heart rate of those suffering from AFIB can be much greater than 100bpm. It is caused by abnormal contractions of the atria, which prevent the heart muscle from relaxing properly between contractions.
AFIB makes it hard for the body to control the rhythm of its heart, and can greatly reduce its efficiency and performance. It can cause a range of problems including dizziness, shortness of breath, tiredness and heart palpitations.
How Accurate is the AFIB Screening of This Device?
The AFIB screening of this device during blood pressure measurements is exceptionally accurate. It features over 97% sensitivity and 89% sensitivity. While an alert for AFIB from this device is not a diagnosis, it is absolutely justification to visit your GP for a diagnosis.
Is This Device Useful for Someone Already Diagnosed with AFIB?
Once you have been diagnosed with AFIB it is likely that your doctor will prescribe you with anti-arrhythmic medication. You can use the WatchBP Home A Digital Blood Pressure Monitor to monitor the effectiveness of your medication and ensure that AFIB does not return. We recommend using this blood pressure monitor in conversation with your doctor to ensure you receive the most appropriate care possible.
What Size Cuffs Does the Blood Pressure Monitor Accommodate?
This blood pressure monitor is supplied with a cuff that accommodates most adult arms, from 22cm to 32cm. Cuff size is measured as the circumference of your arm at the bicep.
If you require a different cuff size, please see here for a choice of cuffs with a circumference range from 17cm to 52cm.
What Are the Technical Specifications of the Microlife WatchBP Home A (AFIB) Blood Pressure Monitor?
- Operational temperature: 10°C to 40°C / 50°F to 104°F
- Storage temperature: -20°C to +50°C / -4°F to +122°F
- Relative maximum humidity: 15% to 90%
- Weighs (including batteries): 385g
- Dimensions: 150 x 100 x 50mm
- Measuring procedure: Oscillometric, corresponding to Korotkoff method (phase I systolic, phase V diastolic)
- Blood pressure measurement range: 30 to 280mmHg
- Pulse measurement range: 40 to 200bpm
- Cuff pressure display range: 0 to 299mmHg
- Resolution: 1mmHg
- Static accuracy: pressure within +/- 3mmHg.
- Pulse accuracy: +/- 5% of the readout value
- Power source: 4 x 1.5 V AA batteries
- Mains adaptor: DC 6V, 600 mA (optional)
Which Standards Does This Blood Pressure Monitor Meet?
The Microlife WatchBP Home A (AFIB) Blood Pressure Monitor conforms to the requirements of the following standards:
- EN 1060-1
- EN 1060-3
- EN 1060-4
- IEC 60601-1
- IEC 60601-1-2