Heritage Digital II Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress System
While many alternating air mattresses provide high levels pressure relief, they will often require carers to invest significant portions of time turning and moving the patient, which can be both costly and physically demanding. The Heritage II Digital Turn Dynamic Pressure Relief Mattress Replacement System is designed to solve this problem, providing both automatic and assisted turning functions to increase patient comfort and carer time efficiency, while providing the same very high level pressure relief of the original Heritage Digital II System.
Who Should Use the Heritage Digital II Turn Mattress?
This mattress is designed for patients at very high risk of pressure sores that require frequent turning by nurses and carers. As manual turning of patients can be very intrusive, especially during the night, this system will allow patients to gain more independence and a better night's sleep, all while freeing up carer time for other important tasks.
How Does the Heritage Digital II Provide Pressure Relief?
Using an alternating air system, this mattress provides dynamic pressure relief suitable for patients at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. This level of pressure reduction is achieved with deep 8" air cells operating on a two-cell cycle, enabling the mattress to provide optimal dynamic pressure relief. Additionally, the cell-on-cell construction further helps to reduce pressure and makes the mattress suitable for users up to 225kg (40 stone).
How Does the Mattress Turn the Patient?
Resulting in an interface pressure reduction of up to 50% when compared to the original Heritage II System, this mattress turns patients by up to 30° to either side. The system provides the option of full, right and left assisted turn, or can be set to provide automatic turning at variable times between 5 to 30 minutes.
How Easy Is the Heritage II to Use?
To make operation as intuitive as possible, a simple control panel enables you to quickly set up the system, ensuring patients can be fully supported. The control panel also features an auto-lockout function, helping prevent accidental settings changes that would reduce care efficacy.
Do Carers Have to Manually Adjust the Mattress Pressure?
No manual adjustments are necessary, as the mattress's intelligent pump features an auto-detection feature that will automatically set the cell pressure based on patient weight and position. This will ensure optimum pressure for the patient at all times, providing the best possible prevention of bed sores.
What Is Low Air Loss Technology?
This mattress uses low air loss air cells, which can reduce the skin heat and moisture of the patient, thereby reducing pressure sore risk. The cells do this by releasing the expelled alternating air from each cycle, releasing up to 100 litres of air underneath the mattress cover to ventilate and cool the patient's skin for unrivalled climate control.
What Other Functions Are Included?
The Heritage II Mattress includes a number of functions for customisation to the pressure relief needs of each patient. Modes include:
- Auto Firm Mode: Quickly inflates all cells to a pre-determined setting (will return to alternating mode after 20 minutes).
- Alternating Mode: The default mode of the system – inflates cells on a 1-in-2 cycle. This mode will continue until another mode is selected.
- Static Mode: Reverts all cells to a static position. This mode will revert to Alternating Mode after 30 minutes.
- Constant Low Pressure Mode (CLP): Stops all alternating function of the cells and sets them to 15mmhg. This provides a comfortable static surface ideal for transfers and nursing procedures.
What Cell Cycle Times Are Available?
This mattress allows you to choose alternating cycle times of 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 minutes. These times can be easily adjusted by pressing the "Cycle" button, allowing simple changes depending on patient needs.
Does the Mattress Feature a Transport Mode?
Yes, the Heritage II Digital does feature a simple pump connection that can be capped to provide a 48-hour transport mode. This will maintain the cells in their current state for approximately 48 hours, providing a buffer during power failures, and allowing patients to be transferring between surfaces with minimal disruption or pressure sore risk.
What Alarms Are Included?
To ensure carers are alerted as soon as a fault arises, this mattress features a number of alarms, including:
- Low Pressure: Sounds an audible alarm when low pressure is indicated, and the Low Pressure indicator will illuminate.
- Power Failure: Sounds alarm and illuminates Power Failure indicator when mains power is removed or power cable is unplugged before turning the unit off.
- Service Alarm: Sounds alarm and illuminates Service indicator should your system develop a fault while in use.
- Annual Service Indicator: Illuminates after 365 days of use to alert carers a professional service is recommended.
Pressure Distribution Mapping
The graphic below shows the pressure distribution mapping results of the Heritage Digital II Turn Mattress when used by a male at a height of 5'7" (170cm). The mattress is currently in right turn mode at the time of this mapping.
Is a Cable Management System Included?
Yes, this mattress uses a simple clip system to ensure the cable stays along the side of the mattress, thereby eliminating any tripping hazards and preventing cable damage.
Is This Mattress Supplied with a Cover?
Helping ensure that the mattress is protected from fluid ingress and damage, it is supplied with a waterproof, vapour-permeable stitched cover that protects the mattress from damage or contamination. Enclosed zips and welded seams help to prevent fluid ingress and further reduce the risk of contamination – vital for compliance with infection control standards.
How Does the Cover Assist with Pressure Relief?
As well as helping to protect the mattress system, the cover also helps to improve comfort and further reduce the risk of pressure ulcers. Finally, a two-way stretch design makes the cover feel more comfortable while reducing shear and friction against skin.
How Do I Clean the Heritage II Cover?
The cover can be laundered up to 84°C. It can withstand up to 10,000ppm chlorine (to be used in conjunction with local infection control guidelines).
Can the Pump Be Affixed to a Bed?
Yes, the adjustable hanging bracket of the Heritage II Digital Mattress' pump allows it to be easily affixed to a bed. Since it is adjustable, it can be fitted to a nearly any single-width bed with minor adjustments.
Click the PDF link below to access the comprehensive user manual for the Heritage II Digital Turn Mattress.
|User Instruction Manual |
Key Features and Benefits
- Mattress with automatic and assisted turning modes to aid pressure relief
- Suitable for those at very high risk of pressure sore development
- Turns patients 30° to either side, resulting in a 50% reduction in interface pressure
- Full mattress replacement system without the need for an underlay mattress
- Reduces staff care time while increasing patient comfort and independence
- Constructed with deep 8" cells in a cell-on-cell design for alternating therapy
- Choice of alternating cycle times between 5 - 30 minutes for a range of care options
- Features a number of static and alternating modes to provide dynamic pressure care
- Pump feature auto-detection to automatically adjust based on patient weight and position
- CPR valve allows for quick deflation in the event of an emergency
- Features low pressure, power failure and service alarms to alert carers of faults
- Automatic lockout function enhances patient safety by preventing tampering
- Adjustable hanging brackets allow the pump to be fixed to multiple different beds
- Securing straps ensure stability by affixing the mattress to the bed
- Low air loss air cells reduce skin heat and moisture by releasing air to cool the patient
- Risk Category: Up to very high risk
- Maximum User Weight: 255kg (40 stone)
- Mattress Dimensions: 2000 x 890 x 200mm
- Power Unit Dimensions: 360 x 130 x 230mm
- Mattress Weight: 7.4kg
- Pump Weight: 4.6kg
- Cell material: Nylon PU
- Cover material: Polyester PU
- Cycle time: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 25 / 30 minutes (2 cell cycle)
- Pressure Range: 25 - 60mmHg
- Supply Voltage: 230V, 50Hz
- Fuse Rating: T1A
- Current Rating: 0.12A
- Classification: Class II Type BF
- Compliance: EN 60601-1, EN 60601-1-2
- Warranty: Two years
Please note: The Heritage Digital II Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress is suitable for single beds only.