DynaPro AFO Brace
Designed to treat patients with mild to severe joint stiffness, the DynaPro AFO Brace is the ideal home orthotic therapy if you have plantar flexion, inversion or eversion contractures. It's made of a soft fleece material with Velcro fastening and straps for a personalised fit, and has a non-skid bottom to allow walking short distances around the house.
- 1 x Grey Ankle Foot Orthosis
What is an AFO?
AFO stands for Ankle Foot Orthosis and they're specially designed medical devices to help patients with drop foot. They're designed to support your foot and ankle to reduce discomfort, increase your mobility and aid with recovery.
Key Features and Benefits
- Semi-rigid frame covered with ultra-soft material that's pleasant to wear
- Adjustable semi-rigid insert to accommodate angle of the foot or angle
- Hook and loop secure pull straps provide individualised fit for the user
- Velcro fastening on forefoot and shin straps for easy and secure fit
- Made of fleece material that's washable for comfort and hygiene
- Removable pull straps help reverse mild plantar-flexion and ankle/foot contracture
- Antimicrobial material which helps prevent odour and infection
- Features toe post to protects the user's toes during usage
- Non-skid bottom allows patient to bear weight and walk short distances at home
Which Size Do I Need?
The DynaPro is available in three sizes. Please refer to our sizing table below for more information, taking into account both the 'Foot Length' as well as the 'Maximum Calf Circumference'. If your foot length falls within two sizes, we recommend you choose the larger size for a more comfortable fit.
|Size ||Foot Length ||Maximum Calf Circumference |
|Small ||15 - 20cm (6 - 8") ||38cm (15") |
|Medium ||20 - 25cm (8 - 10") ||43cm (17") |
|Large ||25 - 30cm (10 - 12") ||48cm (19") |
Who Can Benefit from Using the DynaPro AFO?
The DynaPro AFO can be used by those who suffer from the following conditions and have lost a range of motions in the ankle or foot:
- Nerve injury
- Brain and spinal cord disorder
- Neural muscular atrophy
- Post surgery
- General muscle weakness
Which Conditions Is this Support Designed For?
This foot orthosis can treat patients with the following conditions:
- Joint stiffness
- Abnormal tone
- Spasticity of the ankle and foot
- Tissue shortening
- Neurological hypertonicity
- Plantar flexion
- Plantar inversion
- Plantar eversion
How Comfortable Is this Brace?
The DynaPro is extremely comfortable to wear thanks to its soft fleece fabric that can be washed to maintain optimum hygiene. It has a Velcro fastening to secure your foot and ankle and the non-skid bottom ensures the safety of assisted transfers.
How Does the AFO Help My Condition?
Wearing the DynaPro brace can help your recovery in the following ways:
- Improve / maintain functional alignment of the ankle / foot
- Increase range of motion and mobility
- Decrease risk of skin breakdown
- Reduce / eliminate contracture related pain and discomfort
- Prevent permanent deformity
How Do I Wash the DynaPro?
- Remove soft cover from frame before washing
- Close all hook and loop attachments on soft cover and place in laundry bag
- Hand or machine wash on a gently cycle with mild detergent
- Do not use commercial washers or hot water
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener
- Leave to air dry before using again