Baseline Pinch Gauge Red 0 - 27kg (60lb)
Although a weak pinch is usually not something people would be losing sleep over, it can turn into a real problem once we start having difficulties with performing everyday tasks, such as zipping-up jackets or holding books. The Baseline Pinch Gauge Red 0 - 27kg (60lb) helps occupational therapists measure their patient's grip and pinch strength to help them develop a proper treatment plan.
Who Can Use the Baseline Pinch Gauge?
This precision instrument records isometric lateral, chuck and tip pinch in kilograms and pounds. It can be used by anyone who feels they might be experiencing a weak pinch and want to keep track of it, as well as by carers and occupational therapists who want to monitor their client's pinch.
How Do I Use the Baseline Pinch Gauge?
Using the Baseline Pinch Gauge is easy and can be performed with or without assistance:
- First, apply pinch force at the pinch groove while holding the pinch gauge between your thumb and finger.
- Grasp the knurled ring of the dial indicator and rotate it until the zero on the dial indicator is directly under the black pointer.
- Rotate the small knurled knob on top of the dial indicator in a counterclockwise direction until it rests against the black pointer at the zero marking. The red maximum pointer will remain at the subject's maximum reading until it is reset.
Please make sure than the gauge is "zeroed" before each pinch test, and that the red maximum pointer is reset before each pinch test.
Performing Three Basic Pinch Tests
The Baseline Pinch Gauge records tip pinch, lateral pinch and chuck pinch in both kilograms and pounds. All three tests are easy to perform following our quick guide below:
- Tip Pinch or Thumb-Index Pulp Pinch: thumb tip to index fingertip
- Lateral Pinch or Key Pinch: thumb pad to lateral aspect of middle phalanx of index finger
- Chuck Pinch or Palmer Pinch: thumb pad to pads of the index and middle fingers
Key Features of the Baseline Red Pinch Gauge
- Records isometric lateral, chuck or tip pinch in kilograms and pounds
- Made of rugged anodised aluminium with a nylon strap for the examiner's wrist
- The red pointer stops at the maximum pinch recorded for the highest degree of accuracy
- The pinch jaws are 22mm wide and approximately 19mm thick
- Packed in a practical carrying case
- Colour coordinated to prevent confusion with stronger/weaker gauges
- Supplied with a 3-year warranty
Other Strengths Available
To ensure maximum precision of your measurements, the Baseline Pinch Gauge comes in four different strengths. This includes:
- Baseline Gold Pinch Gauge 0 - 0.9kg (2lb)
- Baseline Pinch Gauge Silver 0 - 4.5kg (10lb)
- Baseline Pinch Gauge Blue 0 - 13.6kg (30lb)