Wellell Vac Maxi Portable Suction Machine
Being unable to clear secretion build-up in the airways can cause a myriad of issues, from difficulty breathing to infections. There are multiple reasons a patient may not be able to remove the secretions themselves, for example if they are unconscious or have a chronic illness which affects their ability to clear their airways. The Wellell Vac Maxi Portable Suction Machine is a powerful and effective tool for clearing the airways in indoor hospital and care-home environments.
Please Note: Wellell are currently transitioning into their new branding. During this transitional period, Wellell respiratory and sleep aids may bare Apex branding.
- 1 x Portable Suction Unit (without Attachments)
- 1 x User Guide
Please note: While the Vac Maxi is pictured here with tubing, a filter, and a canister, these are sold separately to the unit.
What Accessories Are Needed To Make the Vac Maxi Function?
To work the Vac Maxi Portable Suction Unit, it is important to ensure that you have all the necessary attachments to hand. The unit will not function as it should without these attachments. These include:
- Filter: places between the pump and the secretion canister, this accessory prevents the unit from being damaged or contaminated in the case of operating errors.
- Tubing: this is to channel the negative pressure which creates the vacuum necessary for this unit to work.
- Single-Use Canister: with either an 800ml or 1800ml capacity, this will safely gather and contain bodily secretions removed from the patient.
Some accessories for the Vac Maxi are optional. The suction unit will work without these attachments, but the user experience can be enhanced with them.
How Does the Portable Suction Unit Work?
The Portable Suction Unit functions to remove foreign substances / secretions such as blood and mucus from the throat and lungs when a patient is unable to do it themselves. The unit generates negative pressure which creates a vacuum effect. When this negative pressure is channelled through a tube with one end connected to the unit and the other in the user's mouth, the vacuum helps pull things like blood, mucus, and vomit out from the airways. These secretions are the collected in a canister (sold separately), which slots nicely into the integrated canister holder.
Who Is the Wellell Vac Maxi For?
Suction machines are used for a range of medical emergencies and ongoing illnesses. This portable unit is suitable for a range of hospital and nursing environments. Uses for the unit include:
- Clearing secretions, such as blood and mucus, from patients who are unable to do it themselves
- Quickly and effectively clearing the patient's airways before rapid intubation
- Assisting with aspirating the throat and lungs of patients who are seizing or unconscious
- Aids in removing foreign substances from the windpipe and lungs
- Relieving secretion build up due to long-term illnesses such as COPD, ALS, cystic fibrosis, and bronchiectasis
Key Features and Benefits
- Powerful and effective aspirator with 46 LPM on demand suction
- Ideal for high-flow, high vacuum usage
- Detachable power chord allows you to swap adaptors for one which meets closest electrical outlet requirement
- Wired remote control (sold separately) is available for ease-of-use
- Water resistant materials of casing are easy to clean and maintain
- Ergonomically designed for effortless carrying with handle and integrated canister holder
- Pressure regulator and analogue pressure gauge built into unit
How Does the Vac Maxi Differ From Others In the Series?
The Vac series of portable suction units include the Vac Maxi, Vac Pro, and Vac Plus. Each of these models serves the same basic function, but comes with its own advantages.
- Vac Maxi: this model is the most powerful of these Vac Series units, and is ideal for high-vacuum, high-flow usage. The maximum flow rate of the Maxi is 46LPM, which is almost double that of the Pro and the Plus.
- Vac Plus: this model can be used with either AC power or DC power. The unit comes with a car adaptor and a rechargeable battery, which allows the user to use this machine without a power outlet, or by using the outlet available in most cars.
- Vac Pro: this model is the lightest of these Vac suction units, making it the easiest to carry around. Weighing at 2.8kg, this lightweight Pro Model is 0.5kg lighter than the Plus and 1.6kg lighter than the Maxi.
See the Vac Series Portable Suction Machine from All Angles
How Should the Vac Maxi Unit Be Cleaned?
To clean this unit, thoroughly wipe the case with a neutral detergent. Do not take apart the case to clean as this will put you at risk of an electric shock.
Don't forget that a filter must be placed between the suction pump and the canister containing secretions to avoid damage or contamination to your Wellell Vac Portable Suction Machine.
Any repairs for the Portable Suction Machine must be completed by a qualified service personnel. To find out more about installation, operation, and maintenance of the Vac Series Suction Units, watch the video below.
- Electrical rating:
- AC 110 - 120V, 60Hz
- AC 220 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 100W
- Maximum pressure: 600mmHg (adjustable)
- Maximum flow rate: 46LPM
- Net Weight: 4.4kg
- Dimensions: 352mm (L) / 206mm (W) / 192mm (H)
- Sound Level: < 60dB