Apex Pro-Care Auto Advanced Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Replacement System
For patients at especially high risk of bedsore development, pressure relief mattresses must be intelligently designed to allow for constant pressure adjustment and accommodation of high risk zones such as the heels and sacral area. The Apex Pro-Care Auto Advanced Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Replacement System is one of the most advanced pressure care mattresses available to the UK market, incorporating automatic adjustment to intelligently modify internal cell pressure based on the patient's weight and changing position. Designed with a unique rectangular sacral cell structure for extra sacral support and a dedicated heel zone to eliminate pressure on this vulnerable area, this mattress is suitable for use by very high risk pressure care patients.
This mattress is available with a choice of two widths to suit different beds. Select your desired width using the drop-down menu above.
- Automatically adjusting mattress replacement system for very high risk pressure care patients
- One of the most advanced pressure care options available to the UK healthcare market
- Includes a number of advanced features while remaining simple to use with intuitive controls
- Unique sacral cell design and dedicated heel zones reduce pressure on vulnerable areas
- Automatically adjusts to optimal pressure based on patient weight, position and movement
- Eliminates the risk of human error in pressure adjustments based on patient weight
- Comfort tuning allows for fine adjustments by the carer for unrivalled comfort
- Cell-on-cell design offers higher levels of support and comfort throughout alternating cycles
- Equipped with alternating, static, max firm and seat inflate modes for highly versatile care
- Provides dynamic comfort and skin breakdown prevention with alternating therapy
- Air cells are modular and independently removable to aid with infection control
- Static cells at the head end help to provide additional patient stability
- CPR dial at head end to allow for quick response in the event of an emergency
- Cable management system helps to eliminate tripping hazards from the area
- Anchoring straps allow for secure attachment to the existing bed frame
- Transport mode with simple click-in design for easy use and cleaning
- Low pressure and power failure alarms alert carers of important faults
- Alarm buzzer mute option provides minimal distraction during nursing procedures
- Lock out mode prevents settings changes and unwanted tampering
- Vapour-permeable cover is included to protect the mattress and aid in infection control
- Cover includes a 360° zip and non-slip base for hygiene and stability
Dedicated Sacral and Heel Cells
The most vulnerable areas of a patient's body will require special attention when pressure sore risk is severe, which is why this mattress has been designed with specially designed cells for the heels and sacral area. The rectangular design of the sacral cells offers extra support and reduces shear potential, while the heel zone is designed to allow individual cell isolation. Since individual heel cells can be deflated, carers can adjust the mattress to create a 'floating heel' effect that will completely eliminate pressure on the vulnerable area.
The heel cells can be isolated to allow carers to 'float' the patient's heels, completely offloading pressure
Automatic Pressure Adjustment
Manual pressure controls allow carers to adjust pressure relief systems based on a patient's weight, but are insensitive to patient position and prone to human error. The auto-adjust feature of the Pro-Care Auto Mattress will automatically adjust internal cell pressures based on each patient's weight and position, helping to free up carer time while eliminating the risk of error.
Range of Cell Modes
The Pro-Care Auto Mattress is equipped with a multitude of different modes of operation, making it highly capable for its price. These modes include:
- Alternating Therapeutic Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells for excellent pressure redistribution
- Seat Inflate Mode: Increases pressure when patient is sitting upright to provide ideal support for the sacral area
- Max Firm Mode: Hyper inflates all cells to provide a stable surface for transfers and other nursing procedures. This mode will revert back to Alternating Therapeutic Mode after 20 minutes for patient safety.
- Static Mode: An immersion process that addresses areas of especially high contact pressure. By reducing the mattress the one third pressure across the entire surface, body mass is redistributed over a greater surface.
This mattress is designed with a cell-on-cell construction, providing patients with high levels of support and comfort throughout the alternating air cycle. Each cell is independently removable with a modular design, allowing for effective infection control and hygiene maintenance.
The Pro-Care Auto's modular cell-on-cell design provides better support and easier infection control
Pump Fault Alarms
The pump of this mattress is equipped with a number of alarms to enhance patient safety, including low pressure, power failure and service fault indications. These alarms will sound to immediately alert the caregiver of any problems, allowing them to quickly respond to remedy the situation. A lock out mode is also included, helping to prevent any unwanted tampering or setting changes.
Vapour Permeable Cover
To enhance both infection control and patient comfort, the Pro-Care Auto is supplied with a vapour-permeable, water-resistant, four-way stretch cover. This cover protects the mattress while helping to reduce shear and friction forces on the patient, and is designed with a white underside to make detection of strike through simple.
- Maximum patient weight: 250kg
- Mattress dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 85 / 90 x 20.3cm
- Mattress weight: 7.1kg
- Cycle time: 10 minutes
- Pump dimensions (LxWxD): 29.1 x 20 x 11.7cm
- Pump weight: 2.2kg
- Voltage: AC220 - 240V, 50Hz; AC: 120V / 60Hz
- Fire retardancy: BS 7175 Crib 7
Please note: While the image above displays the Pro-Care Auto in use with a profiling bed, it is supplied on its own without a bed.