Zoll AED Pro External Defibrillator
It's vital in emergency situations that the best level of treatment can be provided as quickly as possible to provide the greatest chance of survival. The Zoll AED Pro External Defibrillator provides guidance to rescuers through the use of Real CPR Help technology with real-time feedback for effective CPR delivery to victims of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
What's Included with the Zoll AED Pro External Defibrillator?
The Zoll AED Pro External Defibrillator includes:
- 1 x Zoll AED Defibrillator Unit
- 1 x CPR-D-Padz Set
How Does the Zoll AED Pro Defibrillator Help with CPR?
When a cardiac arrest occurs, around half of the victims will need a shock, but every victim requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The AED Pro helps guide rescuers with resuscitating a victim of sudden cardiac arrest. Through Real CPR Help technology, it coaches the rescuer quickly and simply through every important step of the rescue process, making it ideal for anybody who does not necessarily provide CPR on a regular basis.
How Does the AED Pro Semi-Automatic Defibrillator Work?
Through the one-piece CPR-D-Padz, the AED immediately tells rescuers how well compressions are being performed, while providing graphical and audible prompts that deliver instantaneous feedback, ensuring rescuers can perform the most effective CPR.
If a rescuer fails to deliver compressions at an adequate depth, an audible and visual prompt to "Push Harder" will be initiated. Once proper depth is reached, it is reinforced with a "Good Compressions" message.
Who Can Use the AED Pro Defibrillator?
The AED Pro Defibrillator has been designed to provide clear CPR instructions for anybody who does not perform CPR on a regular basis and is therefore largely unfamiliar with proper techniques. Sudden cardiac arrest can occur at any time and in any location, and this makes it incredibly likely that emergency CPR will need to be provided by a bystander, typically somebody without a medical background. As such, the AED Pro Defibrillator clearly guides you through CPR on the victim to increase the flow of oxygenated blood to their heart and brain.
Where Can the AED Pro Defibrillator Be Used?
In short, the AED Pro Semi-Automatic Defibrillator can be used anywhere, and installing an AED Pro defibrillator in as many locations as possible helps ensure that essential CPR can be performed at a moment's notice by virtually anybody. The AED Pro Defibrillator is also particularly suited to the following environments:
- Hospitals: While hospital staff are often well trained in CPR, there's always a risk that a patient may wander off or take a break from the ward, and they could suffer from a cardiac arrest while away from specially trained medical staff. The AED Pro allows bystanders to perform CPR at a moment's notice.
- Public Spaces: Shopping centres, churches, stately homes, anywhere where members of the public frequent will benefit from installing AED Pro defibrillators on site. This helps to ensure that CPR can be delivered long before the emergency services arrive.
- Workplaces: Employers have a duty of care over their employees, but even if staff are trained in First Aid it's understandable that performing CPR can be stressful, and may cause the First Aider to forget some of their training. With the AED Pro Defibrillator to hand, they can be reminded quickly and clearly about how to proceed.
How Easy Is the AED Pro Defibrillator to Use?
As the AED Pro Defibrillator has been designed to enable infrequent rescuers to perform potentially life-saving CPR on a victim of sudden cardiac arrest, it can be operated quickly and easily with minimal controls. This makes it ideal for use in a wide range of situations where members of the public, employees, or passers by may suddenly require CPR.
How Clear Are the Instructions from the AED Pro Defibrillator?
The full-colour images and the clear display screen on the AED Pro Defibrillator produce vivid rescue instructions for quick and easy guidance. This makes it easier to perform CPR when under pressure.
Do I Need to Constantly Look at the Screen?
When providing potentially life-saving CPR, it's only natural that you're not going to want to turn your attention away from the victim to look at the screen of the defibrillator. Thankfully, the AED Pro Defibrillator is equipped with audial guidance, with a voice instructing you to pause during heart analysis and issuing alerts regarding the requirement for shock or CPR until the emergency services arrive.
What Makes the AED Pro Defibrillator So Reliable?
To ensure that the Zoll AED Pro is constantly ready to go, it carries out self-tests on a regular basis to check that every aspect of the defibrillator is functioning correctly. Additionally, even the case of the defibrillator can be relied upon, as the lid of the case can act as a passive airway support to maintain the victim's open airway.
- Design Standards: EN 60601-1; IEC 60601-1-2
- Weight: 2.9kg (with disposable battery and electrodes)
- Display Screen Size: 3.02 x 2.27"
- Overall Dimensions (HxWxD): 3 x 9.2 x 9.4cm
Please see the PDF below for a full list of the Zoll AED Pro External Defibrillator technical specifications.
|AED Pro Defibrillator Technical Specifications |