Wellell iX Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier
For effective treatment of sleep apnoea or similar disorders the Wellell iX Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier is an optimal choice. Its automated features, including an auto-on function triggered by patient breathing, makes using this device simple. Monitoring the treatment is a piece of cake with the SleepWell app, a patient management system which is easily connected via the Wi-Fi or 4G enabled on the device.
- 1 x iX Auto CPAP Machine
- 1 x Attachable Humidifier
- 1 x User Manual
Please note: Masks are not included with this product. You will need to buy a mask separately to be able to use this CPAP device.
How Does the iX Auto CPAP Machine Work?
There is a motor in the unit of the iX Auto CPAP device that pushes a steady flow of pressurised air through the connected tube and mask. This pressurised air pushes against any blockages and opens the airways to help the user resume regular breathing. This device also has an auto-on function to initiate treatment, using auto-detection for user breathing before beginning to gradually increase pressure to a level that suits the user's needs.
Who Can Use the CPAP Machine?
The CPAP machine is designed for those with sleep apnoea and similar disorders. This device can be used by those with either Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) or Central Sleep Apnoea (CSA). The device is suitable for those who need help clearing obstructions and keeping their airways open while they sleep. Patients should discuss this treatment option with their doctor before using any CPAP machine.
Which Masks Can I Use With This Device?
Masks are not sold with the CPAP unit, but are a necessary attachment for the unit to function. For a full-face mask that you can use with this unit try the WiZARD 320 Full-Face Mask. For a quality mask that doesn't cover as much of your face, try the WiZARD 310 Nasal Mask or the WiZARD 510 Nasal Mask.
What's the Difference Between the Auto CPAP Device and Sense CPAP Device?
The iX Auto model can be used in either CPAP mode or APAP mode, whereas the iX Sense can only be used in CPAP mode. There is also a heating tube available for use with the Auto Device, which is not available for the Sense Device. Each device has a unique pressure increment, which is 0.5cmH20 for the iX Sense and 0.2cmH20 for the iX Auto.
The biggest difference between these devices is how they are able to connect. With the iX Auto CPAP Machine, there are options for 4G or Wi-Fi enabled devices. The iX Sense CPAP Machine, however, has a version that is Wi-Fi enabled, but no 4G enabled model.
How Do I Set Up My Auto CPAP Machine and Humidifier?
Installation of the unit is fairly simple, and can be done in three easy steps. For the initial set up of the unit, first the machine must be placed on a flat surface near where the user will sleep. Once in place plug the device can be plugged into an electrical outlet using the power connector into the rear of the unit. Lastly, the connecting tube will need to be attached at one end to the airflow outlet on the machine, and the other end to the CPAP mask (sold separately).
For more guidance on the set up and operation of the Wellell iX Auto CPAP Machine, watch the video below.
For assistance with operating the heated humidifier that can be attached to this CPAP machine, watch the video below.
How Do I Clean the CPAP Machine?
They key component of the CPAP machine that will need regular cleaning is the humidifier. This should be checked and cleaned after every use to prevent the growth of potentially harmful germs and bacteria. The CPAP unit, humidifier, and water chamber must be disconnected before cleaning. Do not use water on the CPAP unit. If the machine needs to be cleaned, use a clean cloth dampened with a mild detergent and water solution, and gently wipe the casing.
To clean the humidifier:
- First, clean the outside of the water chamber by wiping it with a cloth dampened with warm water and a mild detergent.
- Once the outside is clean, open the chamber and pour out any water.
- Wash the inside of the chamber with warm water and a mild detergent.
- Once it has been cleaned, rinse the chamber out and allow it to air dry in a clean area.
- Ensure that it is placed out of the way of direct sunlight and heat, and that the product is fully dry before your next use.
- When it is dry, you should check for any damage to any of the parts and replace as necessary.
Why Is The CPAP Machine Wi-Fi / 4G Enabled?
The Wellell iX series CPAP machine has models available that are 4G enabled, and models available that are 4G and Wi-Fi enabled. This connectively allows them to be paired with the SleepWell app, which both patients and medical professionals can use to monitor the treatment, Being able to keep track of your treatment allows easy assessment of its effectiveness, making crafting the ideal treatment plan simpler.
Key Features and Benefits
- Automatic CPAP unit which turns on upon detection of user breathing, and turns off following inactivity
- Compact and lightweight design for ease-of-portability
- Humidifier attachment helps to prevent dry throat and nose
- Low pressure alarm to detect and alert user to flow leakage caused by ill-fitting masks or loose tubes
- Leak compensation mechanism ensures that treatment can be effectively delivered throughout the night
- Gradually increases in pressure to the required level so users can comfortably fall asleep
- CSA detection feature prevents pressure being added if the detected apnoea is Central Sleep Apnoea
- Pressure variation algorithm eases discomfort by reducing pressure at the start of exhalation
- Wi-Fi and 4G enabled options can connect to patient management systems for monitoring treatment
- Device dimension:
- With humidifier: 23.5 x 14.5 x 14.7cm
- Without humidifier: 14.1 x 14.5 x 10.9cm
- Device weight:
- With humidifier: 1.49kg
- Without humidifier: 0.9kg
- Pressure range: 4.0 - 20.0 cmH20
- Ramp time: 0 - 45 (5mins increment)
- Power supply: 90W; 100 - 240V / 50 - 60Hz, Universal Power Supply
- Water chamber capacity: 300ml