Welch Allyn Prestige Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Diagnostic Set with Throat Illuminator
The Welch Allyn Prestige Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Diagnostic Set with Throat Illuminator includes a high-quality rechargeable ophthalmoscope and otoscope. They feature industry-leading clarity and a robust carry-case.
- 1 x MacroView otoscope
- 1 x Coaxial ophthalmoscope
- 1 x C-cell handle 3.5V
- 1 x Hard carrying case
- 1 x Ten-year warranty
Choose the Handle That Works for You
The Welch Allyn Prestige Ophthalmoscope can be used with either a C-Cell handle (which supports the use of conventional batteries) or a lithium-ion rechargeable handle (which can be recharged using the charger provided). This innovative dual-functionality lets you tailor your Ophthalmoscope to suit your needs and requirements.
What Are the Features of the MacroView Otoscope?
The MacroView Otoscope is an exceptionally clear otoscope that includes the following features:
- A 30% greater magnification than a traditional otoscope – provides better clarity and definition of landmarks
- Approximately twice the field of view – allows a nearly complete view of the tympanic membrane
- An adjustable focus – allows for variable ear canal length and farsighted eyes
- Tip grip – allows for secure fastening and ejection of ear specula
- Fiber optic light – produces a ring of glare free illumination for inspecting the ear
- Throat illuminator – simply remove the head of the otoscope to reveal a handy all-purpose throat illuminator
- C-cell handle – compatible with conventional batteries
How Does the Welch Allyn Otoscope Work?
The MacroView Otoscope beats out competing equipment by achieving a 30% greater magnification and double the field of view. This, combined with its fibre optic light, allows you to view almost the whole tympanic membrane.
What Are the Features of the Coaxial Ophthalmoscope?
The Welch Allyn Coaxial Ophthalmoscope offers an exceptional number of features and variables for the clearest eye inspection:
- A halogen HPX lamp – produces a 30% whiter, brighter light, allowing the exposure of true tissue colour and long-lasting performance
- Coaxial optics – produce a shadow-free spot for greater clarity than standard ophthalmoscopes
- A cobalt blue filter – can be used to identify corneal abrasions
- A polarising filter – virtually eliminates corneal reflection
- A red-free filter – for use with any aperture
- Sealed optics – to keep out dust and dirt
- Includes 18 unique aperture/filter combinations – facilitate the most versatile examination possible
- Supplied with 28 focusing lenses – offer a range of -25 to +40 diopters
What Are Coaxial Optics?
By producing a shadow-free spot, Welch Allyn's coaxial optics allow easier entry into undilated pupils. They also produce a larger field of view compared to standard ophthalmoscopes.
Is This Set Appropriate for Home Visits?
Yes, the compact carrying case that comes with this set is durable and ideal for use away from your practice, clinic or hospital. The diagnostic heads themselves are small and lightweight, easily fitting into the carry case.
How Does the Coaxial System Work?
The patented Welch Allyn Coaxial Vision System facilitates more accurate ophthalmoscopy. It does this by enabling easier entry into the eye, a larger field of view, and reduced glare compared to standard ophthalmoscopes.
What is the Warranty on This Product?
The manufacturer of the Welch Allyn Prestige Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Diagnostic Set provides a ten-year warranty with their equipment. This means you can make the purchase without sacrificing your peace of mind.
Please note that this warranty does not extend to bulbs and batteries.
Are the Otoscope and Ophthalmoscope Compact?
Yes! The design of these tools has prioritised convenience and mobility. Despite their impressive battery life, the handles are no larger than you would want them to be.