Welch Allyn Diagnostic Set (3.5V Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope)
The Welch Allyn Diagnostic Set (3.5V Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope) includes a top-quality selection of diagnostic instruments for healthcare providers to examine patients' ears and eyes. Suitable for a range of clinical settings, this set includes a hard case for storage and carrying, a rechargeable power handle, and a USB charger. With these great tools, you'll get improved clarity of the fundus or eardrum when compared to standard instruments.
- 1 x PanOptic Basic Ophthalmoscope
- 1 x MacroView Basic Otoscope
- 1 x Lithium-Ion Power Handle
- 1 x USB Handle Charger
- 1 x Hard Case
What Is This Diagnostic Equipment For?
Included in this Welch Allyn Diagnostic Set is a PanOptic LED Ophthalmoscope, and a MacroView LED Otoscope. Together, this equipment forms a set suitable for examining patients' eyes and ears.
The ophthalmoscope is a wide-view examination tool for viewing the back of the eye, or the fundus, to identify issues with and check the health of the retina, optic disc, or blood vessels. The otoscope is a tool used to assess and examine the state of the eardrum and ear canal.
Who Can Use This Medical Diagnostic Set?
These diagnostic tools are great for travel, with easy-to-carry instruments included that will work almost anywhere when they have charge. For healthcare professionals in busier clinical environments, including hospitals, optometry and otolaryngologist surgeries, and GP surgeries.
It is also great for those who may need to use this equipment outside of a clinical setting, for example healthcare professionals on home visits. The hard case supplied keeps the equipment protected during travel, while the common USB charger design ensures easy charging wherever you are.
Why Use a MacroView Otoscope?
An otoscope is an incredibly useful instrument used for examining a patient's eardrum and ear canal. This LED model has been designed for maximum convenience, and a wider view of inside the ear. Handy features of this diagnostic instrument include:
- 30% higher magnification than traditional otoscopes, offering improved clarity for a more thorough and accurate assessment
- Focus-free design and long-lasting SureColour LED illumination help to enhance clarity
- Approximately 5x magnification and 2.5x brighter LED light for optimal
Why Use a PanOptic Ophthalmoscope?
An ophthalmoscope is a tool designed for examining the back of the eye, or fundus. The Welch Allyn PanOptic Ophthalmoscope has been designed with a larger viewing area so that, much like with the otoscope, healthcare providers can get a wider and clearer view of the area being examined. Some great features of this instrument include:
- 20x larger viewing area than a standard ophthalmoscope
- Long-lasting SureColour LED light reduces need for frequent lamp replacement
- Compatible with all Welch Allyn 3.5V power handles and wall transformers
Key Features and Benefits
- Diagnostic equipment set for examining eyes and ears
- Suitable for use in a range of clinical healthcare environments, and for home visits
- Includes an ophthalmoscope for fundus assessment, and otoscope for eardrum and ear-canal examination
- MacroView otoscope offers 30% more magnification than a standard otoscope
- Improved magnification of MacroView otoscope makes it easier to visualise the auditory canal and tympanic membrane
- Adjustable focus on otoscope available for variable ear canal length
- PanOptic ophthalmoscope offers 20x the magnification of a standard instrument for more thorough eye examinations
- Long-lasting LED ophthalmoscope lighting reduces need for frequent lamp replacement
- Ophthalmoscope is compatible with all Welch Allyn 3.5V power handles and wall transformers
- Supplied with a rechargeable 3.5V power handle which works for both the otoscope and ophthalmoscope
- USB handle-charger included
- Hard case provided for storage and ease-of-portability
- Otoscope and ophthalmoscope both include a one-year warranty
- Dimensions (WxDxH):
- Ophthalmoscope: 8 x 4.5 x 7.5cm
- Otoscope: 7 x 4.5 x 5.5cm
- Ophthalmoscope: 130g
- Otoscope: 115g
- Ophthalmoscope Details:
- Diopter Range: -20 to +25 D
- Field of View: 20°
- Warranties: Both the otoscope and ophthalmoscope include a one-year warranty.