Welch Allyn 3.5V Elite Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Desk Set with NiCad Handles
The Welch Allyn 3.5V Elite Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Desk Set with NiCad Handles includes a high-quality rechargeable ophthalmoscope and otoscope. These instruments apply advanced technologies to provide clear and accurate diagnostics and are widely compatible with other 3.5V Welch Allyn Devices.
Your purchase of the Welch Allyn 3.5V Elite Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Desk Set with NiCad Handles will include:
- 1 x Diagnostic Otoscope
- 1 x Coaxial Ophthalmoscope
- 2 x NiCad rechargeable handles
- 1 x Universal charging dock
- 1 x Ten-year warranty
What Are the Features of the Diagnostic Otoscope?
The Diagnostic Otoscope is an exceptionally clear otoscope that includes the following features:
- Halogen HPX lamp – provides 30% more light output, producing true tissue colour
- Fibre optics to the distal tip – produce a clear image for easy examinations without reflection or obstructions, resulting in a superior view of the tympanic membrane
- Wide angle viewing lens – facilitating the use of instrumentation under magnification
- Sealed system – facilitates pneumatic otoscopy and accurate diagnosis of otitis media
- Throat illuminator – for further examination
How Does the Welch Allyn Diagnostic Otoscope Work?
The Diagnostic Otoscope beats out competing equipment by achieving an exceptionally clear image through a wide angle lens. This allows for easy examination and even the use of instruments under magnification.
What Are the Features of the Coaxial Ophthalmoscope?
Welch Allyn's Coaxial Ophthalmoscope offers an exceptional number of features and variables for the clearest eye inspection:
- A halogen HPX lamp – produces a 30% whiter, brighter light, allowing the exposure of true tissue colour and long-lasting performance
- Coaxial optics – produce a shadow-free spot for greater clarity than standard ophthalmoscopes
- A cobalt blue filter – can be used to identify corneal abrasions
- A polarising filter – virtually eliminates corneal reflection
- A red-free filter – for use with any aperture
- Sealed optics – to keep out dust and dirt
- Includes 18 unique aperture/filter combinations – facilitate the most versatile examination possible
- Supplied with 28 focusing lenses – offer a range from -25 to +40 diopters
What Are Coaxial Optics?
By producing a shadow-free spot, Welch Allyn's coaxial optics allows for easier entry into undilated pupils. They also produce a larger field of view compared to standard ophthalmoscopes.
How Does the Coaxial System Work?
The patented Welch Allyn Coaxial Vision System facilitates ophthalmoscopy by enabling easier entry into the eye, a larger field of view, and reduced glare compared to standard ophthalmoscopes.
What Is the Warranty on This Product?
The manufacturer of the Welch Allyn 3.5v Elite Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope Desk Set with NiCad Handles provides a ten-year warranty with their equipment. This means you can make a purchase in the knowledge you will receive long lasting and high quality diagnostic equipment.
Are the Otoscope and Ophthalmoscope Compact?
Yes! The design of these tools has prioritised convenience and mobility. Despite their impressive battery life, the handles are no larger than you would want them to be.
Are the Handles and Charging Dock Easy to Use?
The universal NiCad handles of the ophthalmoscope and otoscope are extremely intuitive to use. They come with LED charging indicators and slot easily into the universal charging dock.