Timesco Xenon 111 x 32mm Laryngoscope Handle
When examining a patient's larynx, you need a top-quality tool with excellent illumination, such as the Timesco Xenon 111 x 32mm Laryngoscope Handle. This device is designed to be fully autoclavable (except for the batteries), enabling optimal hygiene maintenance and reducing the risk of contamination. The knurled shape of the handle ensures a firm and comfortable grip during examinations.
Please Note: The necessary blades required for assessment are not supplied with this handle. You will need to buy laryngoscope blades separately to use this device.
What Is the Purpose of the Laryngoscope Handle?
Laryongoscope handles are designed to be used by trained professionals when undertaking laryngoscope procedures, which are examinations of the larynx / voice box.
How Can I Clean the Xenon Handle?
The Timesco Laryngoscope Handle has a fully autoclavable device (excluding the batter). This allows effective hygiene maintenance, and significantly reduces the risk of contamination when being used over a longer period, for multiple patients, or by a range of healthcare personnel.
Which Blades Can I Use With the Xenon Handle?
This Timesco handle is suitable for use with any ISO 7376 conforming, green-fitting, reusable and disposable laryngoscope blades. These blades are not supplied with the handle, and must be purchased separately.
Powering the Xenon Bulb
The Timesco Xenon Handle includes a powerful 2.5v bulb that offers superb illumination for optimal clarity during examinations and procedures. The bulb provides a lux output of 18,000, with a consistent colour temperature of 2,900(k). Also included is a metal collar which has been polished for the purpose of reflecting light towards the fibre core of a blade, enhancing the illumination.
The battery is designed to last for approximately 20 hours of usage. This can then be powered by more dry cell batteries, or transformed into a rechargeable handle as required.
Key Features and Benefits
- Laryngoscope handle without blades
- Ideal for the examination and assessment of a patient's larynx (i.e., voice box)
- Offers outstanding illumination for optimal clarity when viewing the larynx
- Supplies with a bright and replaceable 2.5V Xenon bulb
- Fully autoclavable design enables optimal hygiene maintenance, and minimises contamination risks
- Handle is covered by a five-year guarantee, or 4,000 autoclave guarantee (whichever is sooner)
- Powered by dry cell batteries
- Can be converted into a rechargeable device if required
- Device batteries are accessible via the secure screw cap
- Knurled handle offers excellent and comfortable grip
- Colour-coded band identifies the handle as appropriate for use with ISO 7376 blades