Rolyan Sof Stretch Coil Extension Splint
This splint utilises coil springs to increase Proximal Interphalangeal (PIP) tension, reducing flexor tendon tightness, flexion contractures and boutonniere deformity. The Rolyan Sof Stretch Coil Extension Splint is designed to alleviate pain in the area, as well as the surrounding tissue, helping speed up rehabilitation of the finger. Using lightweight plastic, soft cushion pads and a robust spring, this splint holds the finger up to enforce correct alignment, while allowing movement necessary for exercises.
This splint is for flexion contractures and boutonniere deformity. For a splint more geared towards the volar joint, try the Rolyan Sof Stretch Long Coil Extension Splint.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
The Rolyan Sof Stretch Coil Extension Splint is available in four sizes. To determine the correct size for you, please measure from the distal palmar crease to the distal finger crease on the finger to be splinted (see the diagram below for an indication of where to measure).
- Straighten the uninjured finger on your unaffected hand that corresponds with the injured finger on the affected hand.
- Please a tape measure at the first crease on the top of your finger (this is the distal phalanx)
- Measure down to the first crease you reach on your hand (this is the distal palmar crease)
|Size ||Measurements (cm) |
|Small ||6.4cm |
|Medium ||7.0cm |
|Large ||7.6cm |
|Extra Large ||8.3cm |
When To Use a Finger Splint
This splint uses coil springs placed laterally to the PIP joint. This alleviates a number of issues, proving the perfect solution to:
- PIP tightness
- Soft tissue tightness
- Flexor tendon tightness
- Flexion contractures
- Boutonniere deformity
- Contractures up to 45º that feel elastic when stretched
The Rolyan Sof Stretch Coil Extension Splint is ideal for contractures of up to 45° that feel elastic when stretched. Featuring contoured proximal and distal pads that distribute pressure evenly, the Rolyan Sof Stretch Coil Extension Splint is comfortable to wear, with a nonslip design that does not shift position as the finger moves.
- Coil springs increase PIP extension, reducing tightness
- Alleviates immobility in soft tissue and flexor tendon
- Reduces tightness in flexion contractures and boutonniere deformity
- Designed for contractures up to 45º for pain reduction
- Splint does not move as finger does for intensive treatment
- Pads distribute pressure to ensure maximum comfort