Primo Radial Shockwave Therapy Unit
Offering a non-invasive, drug-free approach to pain relief and tissue regeneration, the Primo Radial Shockwave Therapy Unit can be used to treat superficial orthopaedic conditions. The radial wave therapy (RWT) device includes an assortment of accessories for immediate use, and you can also save your custom settings to ensure you can use the therapy unit as soon as you need it, without any fuss.
The Primo Radial Shockwave Therapy Unit includes numerous accessories to ensure you can begin offering radial wave therapy to your clients without delay. In the package, you'll find the following:
- 1 x Radial shockwave unit
- 1 x Handpiece
- 3 x Applicator Heads
- 1 x 6mm Tip
- 1 x 15mm Tip
- 1 x 25mm Tip
- 4 x Blue Silicone Caps
- 1 x Foot Switch
- 1 x Mains Cable
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Overview of the Primo Radial Shockwave Unit
Below is a list of the key features and benefits of the RWT unit. You can also scroll down the page to learn about the product in more detail.
- Ready to use with included accessories: The Primo therapy unit includes a range of accessories, so you don't need to worry about having to source compatible applicators or cables. It's easy to set up, so you can begin offering your clients shockwave therapy as soon as possible.
- Versatile use in clinical settings: The Primo unit is designed for the treatment of superficial orthopaedic conditions, which can cover a wide area of the body. As such, you may be able to offer numerous patients shockwave therapy to reduce the severity of their condition.
- Non-invasive and drug-free alternative: Not every patient is comfortable with taking medications or undergoing invasive procedures. With the Primo unit, you can offer them a drug-free and non-invasive alterative to more traditional treatments.
- Provides pain relief and tissue regeneration: The RWT unit delivers a controlled wave of mechanical therapy that offers pain relief, tissue regeneration, and improvement of musculoskeletal ability.
- Preset treatments: The unit includes a selection of preset treatments. This makes it easier to treat some of the more common orthopaedic conditions.
- Saves personalised settings: By saving your personalised settings, you don't need to worry about constantly setting the unit up every time you use it. This is both convenient for you and reassuring for your client.
Who Can Use the Primo Radial Shockwave Unit?
The Primo Radial Shockwave Unit is designed for use by medical professionals and clinicians, providing patients with a non-invasive and drug-free alternative to traditional treatment. If you facilitate routine therapy treatments, such as in an orthopaedic hospital or during sports therapy, then you may find that some patients prefer to undergo a course of shock therapy rather than a more invasive or drug-based alternative.
How Will Shockwave Therapy Help My Clients?
Shockwave therapy provides a controlled wave of mechanical energy that works to increase musculoskeletal mobility. It provides drug-free pain relief and encourages tissue regeneration. This is particularly useful for clients with superficial orthopaedic conditions.
How Long Does Shockwave Therapy Treatment Last?
An individual shockwave therapy session typically lasts around 10 minutes, with each course of therapy comprising around four to six sessions. However, this may vary depending on the type of condition and the individual being treated.
How Does the Radial Therapy Treatment Work?
The radial wave therapy device delivers extracorporeal wave energy that's generated by an electromagnetic projectile mechanism. The energy impulse is transmitted to the tissue, where it creates a counter-irritation effect to modulate pain, improve blood circulate, and increase lymphatic drainage. In summary, it transfers tissue from a chronic to an acute state, which in turn stimulates the body's natural repair process.
The Primo unit facilitates shockwave treatments that have been recognised by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). You can find a host of articles on the NICE site that further explain how shockwave treatment can be used to relieve symptoms caused by a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
How Easy to Use Is the Primo RWT Unit?
The Primo radial therapy unit is designed for ease of use by a clinician, allowing you to easily adjust the settings and then save your customisations for future use. It features a large colour touchscreen for easy reading of information, and includes a selection of preset treatment suggestions that you may wish to use instead of customising your own. There is little maintenance required with the device, and an operator's manual is also included with your purchase for your reference.
How Long Will the Treatment Tips Last?
The Primo shockwave machine includes three applicator treatment tips (6mm, 15mm, and 25mm), and each of these is designed to withstand around 1,000 to 1,500 treatments (or around 3 million to 4 million shocks) before showing any sign of degradation. This is if they are used with the silicone cap, and cleaned regularly inside with a cotton bud.
See the Primo Shockwave Therapy Unit Up Close
Watch the video below to see the Primo Shockwave Therapy Unit being set up and put to use.
Accessories for the Primo Shockwave Therapy Unit
Over time, you may find that you'd like to replace some of the existing parts of your therapy unit. The following spare accessories can be purchased for the Primo Shockwave Therapy Unit:
- Unit Weight: 4.5kg (with handpiece and power supply)
- Unit Dimensions (LxWxH): 322 x 237 x 100mm
- Handpiece Weight: 850g (with cable)
- Handpiece Dimensions (LxWxH): 221 x 39mm
- Energy Levels: 60-180mJ (equivalent of 1-5 bar)
- Pulse Frequencies: 8-22Hz
- Power Consumption: ~100–240V / 50/60 Hz, max. 450 VA
- Conformity Information: IEC/EN 60601-1 and 60601-1-2