Photizo Vetcare Hand-Held Silent Red-Light Therapy Device
Light therapy is a great way to manage chronic and acute pains, and with the Photizo Vetcare Hand-Held Silent Red-Light Therapy Device you can administer this unique treatment to your beloved pets. Suitable for personal and clinical use, this device enables you to administer red-light therapy to domestic pets, livestock, and horses, and is particularly suitable for animals who are sensitive to sound. This device has also been designed to be super easy to use!
Please Note: The Vetcare Photizo device is designed to work alongside traditional and prescribed medications, and is not a replacement for standard medical procedures. Excessive use of the device can delay healing, and cause overstimulation.
- 1 x Silent Hand-Held Red-Light Therapy Device
- 1 x Power Supply Unit
- 1 x Instructions For Use
- 1 x Drawstring Storage Bag
What Is the Purpose of this Red-Light Therapy Device?
Using the Vetcare Silent Red-Light Therapy Device, you can encourage faster healing and optimise comfort for animals suffering from chronic or acute conditions, post-operative pains, or various injuries. This light-therapy unit can also be used to manage some skin conditions and musculoskeletal injuries.
Conditions that light therapy device can be used to manage include (but are not limited to):
- Wounds and lacerations
- Saddle sores
- Arthritis and stiff joints
- Musculoskeletal overuse injuries
- Post-operative aches, pains, and scarring
- Acute and chronic pain
- Bruising (both deep-tissue and general bruising)
How Does the Photizo Laser Work?
This fantastic light-therapy device functions by targeting compromised cells to re-energise them, helping to stop the process of cell death to facilitate healing. If applied soon after an acute injury (i.e., within several hours), the process of cell-death can be reversed for faster healing. This light-therapy device also helps to increase blood-flow and reduce inflammation.
Using light therapy can have the following effects when administered to various animals:
- Faster cellular regeneration
- Helps to prevent cell death if applied within 4 - 6 hours of injury
- Reduces inflammation and increases lymphatic activity
- Increases circulation
- Increases immune system activity
- Provides pain relief, and calms animals by increasing endorphins and serotonin
- Regulated collagen production
- Facilitates healing of corneal ulcers and sinusitis
Which Animals Can I Administer Red-Light Therapy To?
This hand-held light therapy device is suitable for:
- Domestic animals like cats and dogs
- Livestock (including cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and deer)
What Is the Difference Between the Silent and Regular Devices?
Photizo have two Vetcare devices available for administering light-therapy to a range of animals. This silent device is ideal for animals who are sensitive to sounds, as it doesn't beep when the button for administering light-therapy is pressed.
Also available is the non-silent Photizo Vetcare Light Therapy Device, which beeps once the button has been pressed to alert users that the light-therapy has started. For animals who are sensitive to sounds, this beeping may cause some discomfort or distress.
Apart from the beeping sound the device makes or doesn't make, these two models are the exact same.
When Should I Avoid Using Photizo Vetcare?
The light therapy device is not appropriate for animals who:
- Have cancer
- Are pregnant
- Suffer from epilepsy
Key Features and Benefits
- Hand-held infrared light therapy device for animals
- Suitable for both veterinary and personal usage
- Lightweight and wireless device offers ease-of-portability
- Ideal for use on domestic animals, livestock, and horses
- Energises cells in the body for quicker healing and recovery
- Silent device is ideal for use with animals who are sensitive to sound
- Can be used to manage various chronic and acute conditions
- Suitable for treating wounds, musculoskeletal injuries, post-operative pain, and skin conditions
- For use alongside standard medical procedures and medications
- Simple-to-use design requires no expertise or training for operation
- Provides one-touch, pre-programmed dosages of red and infrared light
- Can be used as a long-term chronic pain treatment (please read the user guidelines to avoid excessive usage)
- Dimensions (Boxed): 22.8 x 9.4 x 12.2cm
- Duration of Programs: 31 seconds
- Power Output: Varies. Peak output 330mW/cm²
- Coverage Area: 4.7cm²
- Red Light Wavelength: 633nm
- Infrared Light Wavelength: 850nm
- Mains Power: 240V AC
- Battery Type: Ni-MH
- Battery Voltage: 7.2V DC
- Battery Charger: 12V, 1A
- Charging Time: 4 hours maximum
- Battery Operating Time (Continuous): 90 minutes
- Unit Weight: 280g