Meridius Cupping Set with 10 Cups
The Meridius Cupping Set with 10 Cups offers a simple and cost-effective way of performing cupping therapy on yourself or your clients. The various cupping sizes and shapes ensure versatile use to treat a range of ailments and conditions.
The following items are included with your 10-piece cupping set:
- 10 x Cupping Cups
- 1 x Pump
- 1 x Carry Case
How Does Cupping Therapy Work?
If you're looking to expand the types of therapy you provide, cupping therapy can provide numerous benefits for a range of clients. The pump sucks the air out of the cup to create a vacuum effect, and the following processes occur during this procedure:
- Increased Blood Circulation: The cup creates a vacuum that increases blood circulation to the treated area.
- Reduced Muscle Tension: The muscles are pulled upwards, reducing muscle tension and treating muscle scarring.
As the cups are provided in a range of sizes, they can be used on numerous different parts of the body. This makes cupping therapy the choice of many therapists who treat patients with any number of ailments.
How Do I Use the Cupping Set?
The set includes ten cups and a handheld pistol pump. The following steps provide guidance on how to most effectively use your cupping set:
- Position the cup on the treatment area and hold it in position
- Use the pistol pump to create a vacuum
- Adjust the pressure level by slightly depressing the blue valve
- When finished, press the blue valve all the way to release the vacuum
What Are the Benefits of Cupping Therapy?
Cupping therapy is said to offer a range of benefits, and is used to treat a variety of aches and pains. Cupping therapy may provide the following benefits:
- Increased flow to blood vessels on the surface of the skin to improve circulation
- Eases pain when the oxygen supply to the affected area is increased by improved blood flow
- Reduces muscle tension and treats muscle scarring
- Stimulates metabolism and improves general wellbeing
- Realigns energy flow, or qi, by opening up the body's meridian channels
How Do I Provide Cupping Massages?
The Meridius Cupping Set can be used to massage all of the body to improve blood circulation. Massage oil or cream can be applied to the skin, and then the cups can be moved along the desired area.
What Are Cupping Bruises?
Following a cupping therapy session, a brown or red mark may be left on the skin where the cup was placed. This is normal, and this mark or bruise will fade within a few days.
How Do I Clean the Cups?
Depending on how they are used, the cups must either be sterilised in an autoclave or cleaned using lukewarm soapy water. To sterilise the cups following wet cupping or if in contact with blood, the silicone valves must be removed and then the cups must be placed in an autoclave.
Are There Any Cupping Risks?
Like any therapy, it's important to assess the suitability of the procedure for the patient. To ensure safe use, please bear in mind the following points:
- Keep the cupping set away from children
- If using wet cupping or in cases of contact with blood, sterilise in an autoclave only
- Do not clean in a dishwasher
- Silicone construction not suitable for individual with silicone allergies
- Always consult a doctor if pregnant or suffering with heart problems
What Are the Cupping Therapy Cups Made From?
The cups in the Meridius Cupping Set are made from polycarbonate for enhanced durability. The valve at the top of each cup is made from silicone.
Additional Cups Available
If you want to expand your repertoire or simply replace a worn-out cup, we offer a broad selection of cups in various shapes and sizes. Available sizes include: