Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Wheelchair users will often develop postural problems, and most cushions are ill equipped to provide postural assistance in addition to pressure relief. The Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is made with high-resiliency foam with a covering gel to provide pressure relief, and features a number of modular positioning options to provide postural assistance to very high risk pressure patients.
How Does the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Provide Pressure Relief?
The Flo-tech Solution Cushion uses a combination of a slim, contoured foam base with a dual layer of gel sacs over the entire cushion surface. The dual gel sacs and the unique moulded foam shape significantly increase the support surface area, which delivers a superior level of protection for those considered to be at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers.
Is the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Suitable for Very High Risk Patients?
Yes, the Matrx Flo-tech Solution Cushion is suitable even for individuals at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. The unique dual layer silicone fluid sac is segmented to allow the gel to redistribute dynamically around the person as they move, while preventing all the fluid from moving from underneath the individual's left or right ischials.
What Modular Positioning Options Are Available?
There are a number of modular positioning options that can be added to this cushion, which can be selected using the tick boxes near the top of the page. Many of these options can be seen attached to the cushion in the image below. These options include:
- Pelvic Obliquity Pad: Can be inserted into either side of the ischial well under the gel pad to correct fixed pelvic obliquities
- Hip Aligner: Can be placed on either side on the rear edge of the cushion, either unilaterally or bilaterally, to encourage mid-lining and hip alignment
- Thigh Aligner: Can be placed on either side at the front of the femoral shelf, unilaterally or bilaterally, to reduce external rotation and abduction of the thighs
- Pommel (Standard or Deep): Placed at the front of the cushion to increase existing pommel height
- Rigidiser: Placed under the whole cushion (including wedges) to maintain a firm base on sling canvases
- Fluid Sac: Can be inserted into the ischial well where required to prevent forward sliding, reduce sacral pressure and help mild pelvic obliquity
- Wedges (Front, Side and Lateral): Placed under cushion to assist with pelvic stability and anterior tilt
Will the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Help Sores to Heal?
This Flo-tech pressure relief cushion is suitable for individuals with already established tissue damage. Normal chairs may reduce the blood flow that the affected area receives, while the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion improves the blood flow to the affected area, giving the skin the time to breathe. This not only prevents new sores from developing, but also speeds up the rate of recovery.
Will the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Prevent Sores from Developing?
The Matrx Flo-tech Cushion features a soft foam cushion, covered with an additional layer of gel sacs that further enhance the pressure reducing qualities of the cushion. This makes the Matrx Flo-tech Solution Foam and Gel Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion suitable for preventing sores from developing even in very high risk patients.
What Is the Maximum User Weight for This Flo-tech Cushion?
The Matrx Flo-tech Cushion can be used with patients weighing up to 140kg (22 stone). This makes it suitable for most individuals. If you require a pressure relief for bariatric patients, we strongly recommend the Roho Contour Select Pressure Relief Cushion, which has no weight limit.
Will This Flo-tech Cushion Fit My Seat?
The Flo-tech Pressure Relief Cushion is available in a number of sizes, which makes the cushion suitable for most standard chairs and wheelchairs. You can select the right dimensions for your needs from the drop-down menus at the top of the page.
Can I Use the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Out of the House?
The slimline design of this cushion makes it ideal for use with both chairs and wheelchairs. It also makes side transfers simple and efficient, improving safety and reducing injury risk for both patients and carers.
Does the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Come with a Cover?
Yes, the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion is supplied with a cover, which is ingress-resistant to improve both hygiene and longevity. Treated with a fluorocarbon-based fluid repellent finish to prevent wetting and reduce risk of contamination, the cover prevents fluid ingress and aids in the prevention of pressure ulcers. The key features of the cover are as follows:
Black Smooth Cover
- Black fabric material
- Reduces potential for perspiration and irritation of the skin
- Facilitates easy transfers
How Do I Keep the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Hygienic?
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
- The Matrx Flo-tech Cushion is washable and should be hand-washed with soap and water
- The cushion should not be machine washed
- Maximum cleaning temperature is 80°C
Does the Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra Cushion Come with a Warranty?
The Flo-tech Cushion is designed to be efficient, safe and durable. For extra assurance and peace of mind, the cushion comes with a three-year manufacturer's warranty.
Can I Trust the Matrx Flo-tech Xtra Cushion?
Absolutely, this Flo-tech wheelchair cushion is manufactured to the highest standards, and designed to offer safe and reliable support. It is supplied complete with a Declaration of Conformity, which you can view and save by clicking on the PDF icon below.
|CE Declaration of Conformity |
Key Features of the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion
- Provides pressure relief suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Made with a combination of shaped foam and gel to provide excellent relief
- A number of modular components are available to assist with posture
- Dual fluid sacs cover the sacral and ischial areas for enhanced comfort
- Gel sac also increases immersion of the ischial tuberosities
- Shaped design maximises contact surface area and pressure distribution
- Cover is treated to be ingress-resistant to reduce contamination risk
- Offers increased pelvic and lateral stability to enhance posture
- Suitable for users up to a maximum user weight of 140kg (22 stone)
- Height: 78mm
- Weight: 3.08kg
- Maximum User Weight: 140kg (22 stone)
- Maximum Cleaning Temperature: 80°C
- Warranty: 3 years
- Fire Testing: BS 7176 (Crib 5)
- Nominal Density Range (kg/m): 65 - 75
- Nominal Hardness Range (N): 170 - 190
- Standards: BS EN 1021-1, BS EN 1021-2