Laerdal Suction Unit with Semi-Disposable Canister
If you work in emergency situations, having equipment that is ready to use when needed is integral. The Laerdal Suction Unit with Semi-Disposable Canister is a powerful, durable suction machine that can tell you in just ten seconds if it's ready for use in the field.
Features and Benefits of the Suction Unit
- Quiet operation for more comfortable use
- Shock and splash-proof design
- Can reach a vacuum of 500+ mmHg
- Has a flow rate of >25LPM, exceeding International Standards
- One-handed grip design
- Has a semi-disposable canister
- Easy to convert between the canister systems
- High-efficiency filter kit
- HEPA-rated bacterial filter
- Does not contain latex
- Big vacuum regulator dial
- LED display for use day or night
- Includes TEST - Device Diagnostic programme
- Children vacuum range area (marked in blue) on the control panel
- No-tools-necessary field changeable battery
- Rechargeable Battery, NiMH, 12 VDC 2Ah
- External Battery Charger
- A 12V DC Power Cord can be connected to vehicle connection
The Laerdal Suction Unit is a portable, powerful and highly reliable unit designed for optimal preparation in emergency situations. The Semi-Disposable Canister configuration has a reusable canister and disposable liner, helping you avoid contact with contaminants.
Recommended by Laerdal themselves over the Reusable Canister version, the Semi-Disposable configuration has an improved canister holder for easy release. The new design also helps you to better visualise the fluid volume in the canister.
Prepared for Emergency Situations
For the assurance you need, Leardal's Suction Unit device test will tell you in just ten seconds whether the unit is ready for use in the field. The test includes four important requirements for it to pass:
- Blockage in the Suction System
- Vacuum build-up efficiency
- Maximum achievable vacuum level
- Air leakages in the Pump System
The unit automatically charges when connected to an external power source and is able to reach 80% after just three hours. This therefore means the Suction Unit is ready to use when necessary. The power cord can even be connected to a vehicle connection so you can charge on the go.
Improves Patient Safety
For ease of use in difficult situations, the Laerdal Suction Unit has a built-in suction indicator with colour coding. This ensures the correct vacuum strength is selected for children. Combining this with the extra-large dial for ease of use with large gloves, the Suction Unit enables providers to quickly select the correct amount of suction for any given situation.
The display also monitors:
- Power ON Indicator
- External Power Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Vacuum Indicator
- Failure Mode Indicator: LED is lit if a malfunction has been detected
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 31.5 x 33 x 16cm (12.4" x 13" x 6.3")
- Weight: 4kg (8.9lbs)
- In compliance with the essential requirements of Council Directive 93/42/EEC Medical Device Directive, as amended by Council Directive 2007/47/EC, class IIa