Laerdal Compact 300ml Suction Unit (LCSU 4)
Responding to medical emergencies out in the field can be a daunting process, but with the right tools you can save lives. The Laerdal Compact 300ml Suction Unit (LCSU 4) is an essential tool for every first responder. With its lightweight, portable design, the unit is an ideal solution for blocked airways in the field.
Please note, the Laerdal Compact 300ml Suction Unit has an approximate lead time of 3/4 weeks from time of order. Please consider this before placing your order.
Features of the Laerdal Compact Suction Unit LCSU 4 300ml
- One-hand-grip design
- Small and lightweight (3.3lbs)
- Click-in-place 300 ml canister, no vacuum tube needed
- Internal integrated filter systems for all canisters
- HEPA-rated bacterial filter
- Big vacuum regulator dial, with “clicking sound”
- LED display for use day or night
- Battery level indicator
- Children vacuum range area (marked in blue) on the control panel
- Arrows pointing the vacuum direction
- High-density carry bags
- No-tools-necessary field changeable battery
- Rechargeable Battery, NiMH 12 volt 1.6 Ah
Unique Click-In-Place Canister
In the field, the last thing you want to do is waste time setting up your equipment. Laerdal's Compact Suction Unit has a canister that can easily be clicked into place – perfect for those non-stop days. The unit doesn't require a vacuum tube between the canister and the suction pump, making it a clean and efficient solution.
The LCSU 4's canister is sealed with an internal filter. This filter automatically stops suction/flow when the canister is full or the filter becomes saturated (e.g. if the unit tips onto its side during use). Once wet, the filter forms a gel that prevents the ingress of fluid into the pump.
- Air Flow @ Vacuum Inlet: 30 LPM (free flow) typical
- Vacuum - Max.: 550+ mmHg (73.3 kPA)
- Vacuum - Range: 50 - 550+ mmHg (6.7 - 73.3 kPa)
- Battery run time: Approximately 45 minutes (free flow)
- AC/DC Adapter Charger (100-240 V)
- External Battery Charger
- Includes a 12V DC Power-cord for connection to vehicle connection
- Supplied with a 2 year limited warranty (excluding the canisters, tubing systems and battery. Battery = 90 days)
- Multi language Directions for Use (19 languages)
- 300 ml canister version: 18.5 cm x 26.2 cm x 8.12 cm (7.3" x 10.3" x 3.2"
Classification of Compact Suction Unit
- CE marked - this product is in compliance with the essential requirements of Council Directive 93/42/EEC Medical Device Directive, as amended by Council Directive 2007/47/EC, class IIa
- Electrically powered medical suction equipment for field and transport use, according to ISO10079-1:1999
- High flow/High vacuum, 50 – 550 mmHg
- Not suitable for the use in the presence of flammable liquids or gases.
- Internally powered/class I equipment type BF, according to IEC 60601-1
- Protection class IPI2 and standard power supply
- Intermittent Operation: 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off
Certification of the LCSU 4
- IEC 60601-1 : 1988 (2nd edition)
- IEC 60068-2-6/IEC 60068-2-64/IEC 60068-2-27/IEC 60068-2-31
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No.601.1-M90, 2005
- UL 60601-1, EN 60601-1-2 : 2007
- EN ISO 10079-1 : 2009 (Except requirement of 500ml volume in claim 59.11.1, due to the 300ml Canister option)