Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer
Obtaining a consistent, accurate measurement is crucial during medical check-ups and clinical procedures, so only the best in thermometry technology is appropriate. The Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer represents the gold standard in thermometry, using its proprietary Peak Select system to take up to 100 measurements per reading, then selecting the highest temperature for display to ensure the most accurate and reliable results.
- 1 x Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer
- 1 x Genius 3 Thermometer Base (including 32 probe covers)
The secret behind the Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer's unrivalled ability to deliver immediate, accurate readings is its Peak Select technology, enabling it to record and analyse up to 100 measurements and select the most accurate reading in one to two seconds. This allows it to provide more reliable and accurate results than other in-ear thermometers, making it the gold standard in terms of performance and accuracy.
What Sets This Thermometer Apart from Similar Devices?
Lesser tympanic thermometers are available at lower prices, but none of these boast the certifications of the Genius 3. Durable, reliable and long-lasting, the Peak Select technology and intelligent design of the Genius 3 Thermometer allow it to surpass off-the-shelf tympanic thermometers in every aspect.
Ideal Thermometer for Schools, Offices and Worksites
Schools, offices and worksites are obligated to ensure the risk of infection is minimised, and frequent temperature checks are an invaluable part of any infection control programme. The Genius 3 is the ideal thermometer for this purpose, providing accurate readings while preventing cross-contamination with disposable probe covers for each reading.
Why Choose the Genius 3 Thermometer?
- The gold standard in medical thermometry
- Determines temperature directly from tympanic membrane
- Takes multiple readings and selects highest temperature for display for maximum accuracy
- Peak Select system records and analyses up to 100 measurements per scan
- Re-designed housing allows for an IP22 rating for protection against dust
- Tapered probe design ensures proper ear canal alignment
- Tip-based sensor improves accuracy and repeatability
- Sensor also minimises the need for re-calibration
- Features a rapid response time boosting its ease of use
- Programmable displays allows customisation according to hospital protocol
- Display can be set to show oral, rectal or absolute temperature reading in ear mode
- No-touch probe cover provides enhanced infection control
- A C°/F° toggle button customises temperature read out to follow protocol
- Pulse timer is convenient for pulse and respiration monitoring
- Extended battery life has a capacity of 15,000 readings on 3 x AAA batteries
- Easy-load probe covers for ease of use and quick loading
- ASTM and CEN compliance ensures accuracy and dependability
- FAC (Fast Ambient Change) system ensures accuracy regardless of ambient conditions
Fast and Accurate Readings
The rapid one-to-two second response time makes the thermometer easy to use, while real-time temperature displays provide accurate readings within a deviation of 0.3°C to improve clinical outcomes. The integral tip-based sensor technology improves accuracy while minimising the need for re-calibration, providing foolproof and lightning-fast readings again and again.
Improved Housing for Durability
The new and improved plastic housing of the Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer allows for an IP22 rating for protection against dust and liquid ingress. This makes the device even more durable and reliable in providing accurate results in any setting.
No-Touch Probe Cover
Nothing is more important during medical procedures than hygiene, so this thermometer has been designed with no-touch probe cover application for enhanced infection control. To make reloading and use as simple and quick as possible, easy-load probe covers are housed in the base of the unit. Simply press the probe tip into the probe cover to install, at which point the thermometer will perform an automatic reset, rendering it ready for use.
Perfect Ear Alignment
This thermometer has been designed to be nearly foolproof to use, with features designed to facilitate a perfect reading every time. The specially designed tapered probe tip ensures a proper ear canal alignment, minimising the risks of common technique-related errors. This design both increases the patient's comfort during the reading and ensures an accurate and efficient result.
Base Probe Storage
To ensure probe covers will always be on hand when needed, up to 32 covers can be stored in the base of the Genius 3 Thermometer. This will increase the speed of probe cover changes, allowing multiple patient readings to be taken in a shorter time.
Why Should I Trust the Genius 3 Over Other Thermometers?
The Genius 3 sets the standard for medical thermometry, providing peace of mind that your readings are being delivered by the best and most accurate device available. The device has achieved the following certifications:
- IP22 (protection against dust and liquid ingress)
- ASTM and CEN compliance
- ISO 80601-2-56:20174
- IEC 60601-1:2005/AMD1:20123
- IEC 60601-1-2:20145
- IEC 60601-1-11:2015 Ed.23
Is This Tympanic Thermometer Supplied with Probe Covers?
Yes, the Genius 3 Thermometer is supplied with 32 probe covers in the base. You can purchase the Genius 3 along with a pack of 96 additional probe covers by selecting the Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer and 96 Probe Cover Bundle.
Where Can I Purchase Probe Covers?
The Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer should always be used with probe covers to ensure infection control guidelines are follows. You can purchase probe covers at either of the following links:
How Do I Clean the Genius 3?
Click the PDF link below for detailed instructions regarding the cleaning and disinfection of your Genius 3 Thermometer.
|Cleaning Guide |
How Do I Take Accurate Readings?
Click the PDF link below for detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures showing you how to take a fast and accurate reading.
|Step-by-Step Instructions |
User Instruction Manual
Click the PDF link below for the full user instruction manual for the Genius 3 Tympanic Thermometer.
|User Instruction Manual |
- Accuracy: +/-0.3°C
- Measurement Response Time: 1 - 2 seconds
- Ambient Operating Range: 16°C - 33°C (60.8°F - 91.4°F)
- Temperature Measurement Range: 33°C - 42°C (91.4°F - 107.6°F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -25°C - 55°C
- Battery Life: 15,000 temperature readings (3 x AAA batteries)
- Warranty: Three-year manufacturer's warranty