Fisherbrand Squat Form Beakers (600ml - Pack of 10)
When working in a lab it's essential to have the right equipment for accurate results. The Fisherbrand Squat Form Beakers (600ml - Pack of 10) assist with a number of experiments, and are made of robust borosilicate glass. Featuring a matte, spouted, graduated finish, these beakers offer accurate measurement readings at a competitive price.
Sizing of the Fisherbrand Beakers
These beakers feature an exterior diameter of 90mm, and 125mm height. They hold 600ml of substances.
What Are These Beakers For?
Made of borosilicate glass, these squat form beakers are graduated and designed for a number of different experimental uses.
The Fisherbrand beakers have a number of key features:
- Borosilicate glass is chemical and heat resistant, low coefficient and allows for direct seals
- Squat form with spout and graduations allows for easy and mess-free use, keeping labs safe
- Meet standards ISO 3819 and Din 12331 for internationally acceptable and safe for laboratory use
- Designed with a capacity of 600ml, these beakers can hold substances and liquids for accurate readings
- Graduated design and matte finish increases reading accuracy in lab experiments and research
- Beaker design with wider opening allows stirring of chemicals and substances
- Beakers come in a pack of ten for cost efficiency and convenience, perfect for all laboratories
These beakers are made entirely out of borosilicate glass. This type of glass has various benefits important for experimentation:
- Chemically resistant, making it ideal for use with most substances, particularly acids
- Allows high maximum temperatures of up to around 500°C for broad range of experiments
- Cover a wide range of thermal expansions, enabling direct seals with various metals and alloys
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion makes these shatter-resistant under rapid temperature changes
What Are Some of the Other Physical Properties of Borosilicate Glass?
The physical properties of borosilicate glass are as follows:
- Coefficient of expansion (20 to 300ºC): 3.3 x 10-5/ºC
- Density: 2.23g/cm3
- Refractive index (Sodium D line): 1.474
- Dielectric constant (1MHz, 20ºC): 4.6
- Specific heat (20ºC): 750J/kgºC
- Thermal conductivity (20ºC): 1.14W/mºC
- Poissons Ratio (25 to 400°C): 0.2
What Is The Typical Chemical Composition of Borosilicate Glass?
Below is a table demonstrating the typical chemical composition of borosilicate glass (% by weight):
|Component ||Percentage (approx.) |
|SiO2 ||80.6% |
|B2O3 ||13.0% |
|Na2O + K2O ||4.0% |
|AI2O3 ||2.3% |
|Miscellaneous traces ||0.1% |
What Other Size Beakers are Available?
We have a huge range of different Fisher Scientific Beakers, including: