Fisherbrand Squat Form Beaker (3L, 150mm x 210mm)
Borosilicate glass has a wide range of features, including shatter, heat and chemical resistance. The Fisherbrand Squat Form Beaker (3L, 150mm x 210mm) is affordable and practical for any research lab, and is designed for use in research experiments. Made of borosilicate glass, this is an ideal solution for low cost high quality lab glasswear.
Sizing of the Fisherbrand Beaker
This beaker features an exterior diameter of 150mm, and 210mm height. It holds 3L of substances.
What Is This Beaker For?
Made of borosilicate glass, this squat form beaker is graduated and designed for a number of different experimental uses.
Fisherbrand beakers have a number of key features:
- Borosilicate glass is chemical and heat resistant, low coefficient and allows for direct seals
- Squat form with spout and graduations allows for easy and mess-free use, keeping labs safe
- Meet standards ISO 3819 and Din 12331 for internationally acceptable and safe for laboratory use
- Designed to hold 3L, this beaker holds liquids and substances safely for accurate readings
- Graduated design and matte finish increases reading accuracy in lab experiments and research
- Beaker design with wider opening allows stirring of chemicals and substances
This beaker is made entirely out of borosilicate glass. This type of glass has various benefits important for experimentation:
- Chemically resistant, making it ideal for use with most substances, particularly acids
- Allows high maximum temperatures of up to around 500°C for broad range of experiments
- Cover a wide range of thermal expansions, enabling direct seals with various metals and alloys
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion makes these shatter-resistant under rapid temperature changes
What Are Some of the Other Physical Properties of Borosilicate Glass?
The physical properties of borosilicate glass are as follows:
- Coefficient of expansion (20 to 300ºC): 3.3 x 10-5/ºC
- Density: 2.23g/cm3
- Refractive index (Sodium D line): 1.474
- Dielectric constant (1MHz, 20ºC): 4.6
- Specific heat (20ºC): 750J/kgºC
- Thermal conductivity (20ºC): 1.14W/mºC
- Poissons Ratio (25 to 400°C): 0.2
What Is The Typical Chemical Composition of Borosilicate Glass?
Below is a table demonstrating the typical chemical composition of borosilicate glass (% by weight):
|Component ||Percentage (approx.) |
|SiO2 ||80.6% |
|B2O3 ||13.0% |
|Na2O + K2O ||4.0% |
|AI2O3 ||2.3% |
|Miscellaneous traces ||0.1% |
What Other Size Beakers are Available?
We have a huge range of different Fisher Scientific Beakers, including: