Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance (3200g Capacity)
The Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance (3200g Capacity) is a durable balance ideal for measuring medium-sized loads in laboratory environments. As it has a capacity range of 20g - 3200g, it allows you to measure large objects or samples, but has lower precision and readability than Equinox semi-micro analytical balances. With a readability of 0.01g, it still returns very precise measurements and has a decently sized 185 x 185mm pan.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Are Precision Balances?
Precision balances are also known as 'top loading balances'. They don't provide the same level of precision as analytical or semi-micro balances, but are usually able to measure larger sample sizes with a far greater precision than standard scales, making them ideal for use in production, manufacturing or research.
Applications for the Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance
Capable of precisely measuring loads weighing up to 3200g, the Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance is suitable for use in a number of applications, including:
- Quality Assurance
- Science Education
- Production and Manufacturing
- Precision Counting
- Dynamic weighing (e.g. animal weighing)
What Is the Capacity of the Equinox Balance?
The capacity of the Equinox ETB 3202e Balance ranges from 20g - 3200g, with a readability of 0.01g. As it is suitable for measuring large samples and can still return a highly precise figure, it is a great choice for use in production or quality assurance.
How Do I Operate the Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance?
The Equinox ETB 3202e balance has an easy-to-read 5" (800 x 480 pixels) display for optimal visibility. The display is touchscreen and features a pictorial menu that can be easily operated no matter how tech savvy you are. For detailed information on the set-up and use of your Equinox ETB Balance, please see the PDF Instruction Manual below:
|User Instructions for the Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance |
How Do I Calibrate the Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance?
The ETB 3202e Balance requires external calibration or manual calibration before use. To do this, you will need to place objects with a known weight on the balance and check that it returns the correct measurement. While external calibration scales require more preparation than self-calibrating scales, they usually offer better value for money.
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
In adherence with Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, data printouts supplied by the Equinox ETB are time and date stamped for improved traceability. This can help you keep track of your processes for a more functional, organised laboratory environment.
What Security Features Does This Balance Have?
This balance comes with both physical and software-based security features. Firstly, the software allows users to make password-protected accounts, so settings cannot be changed and data cannot be accessed without proper authorisation. Secondly, a security slot compatible with Kensington-type locks can be engaged so the balance can't be taken out of the work place.
Specifications of the Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance (3200g Capacity)
- Capacity: 3200g
- Readability: 0.01g
- Repeatability: 0.005g
- Calibration: External Calibration
- Pan Size: 185 x 185
- Power Supply: 9VDC 1A adapter
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 6.6kg
- Weighing Units: g, mg, ct, GN, lb, oz, dwt, mm, ozt, tl.H, tl.S, tl.T, T and custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 2 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.02g
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 30°C
- Display Size: 5" (800 x 480 pixels)
- Dimensions: 224 x 374 x 95mm (WxDxH)
Key Features and Benefits
- 5" colour touch-screen display is easy to read and interact with
- Printouts are marked with date and time for more coherent data tracking
- Digital filtering function allows you to factor in vibrations and other environmental disturbances
- 3000 item database allows you to save items, sample weights and check weighing limits
- In-built tare function (resets measurement to zero) allows you to measure samples with containers, and improves repeatability
- RS-232 interface enables straightforward connection to computers and printers
- Security measurements protect data and prevent unwanted setting changes
- Spirit level and adjustable feet for easy set-up
- Multilingual display makes balance more widely accessible
Are Other Models Available?
The Equinox ETB 3202e Precision Balance is available in 10 other models, each with a varying maximum capacity or calibration type. The table below showcases these differing features and contain a link to each model.
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.