DeVilbiss HbO-Smart Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Designed for both home and hospital use, the DeVilbiss HbO-Smart Fingertip Pulse Oximeter is a simple solution to measuring SpO2, pulse rate and perfusion index. Providing you with a quick and easy method to seeing oxygen levels in the blood, the HbO-Smart Oximeter makes diagnosing and monitoring issues like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, pneumonia, and viruses affecting the lungs easier.
Each purchase of the HbO-Smart Fingertip Oximeter includes everything needed to get started straight out of the box, including:
- 1 x Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- 1 x Lanyard
- 1 x User Manual (in 5 languages)
- 2 x AAA Batteries
What Conditions Can the DeVilbiss HbO-Smart Help With?
Designed to measure the level of oxygen in the blood, the HbO-Smart Fingertip Oximeter can aid in the detection and monitoring of a number of conditions, including:
- Lung Cancer
- Heart Attack or Heart Failure
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Viruses Affecting the Lungs
How Does the HbO-Smart Pulse Oximeter Work?
The DeVilbiss HbO Pulse Oximeter is a very simple piece of equipment to use – simply attach the oximeter to your finger and the HbO-Smart will give a reading of oxygen saturation (SpO2), pulse rate and perfusion index. The fingertip pulse oximeter is a non-invasive item, meaning that it is simple and pain-free to use and can be used by people with no medical training.
Please note that, while operation is simple and easy, the interpretation of results may require a medical professional, depending on what you are hoping to monitor.
Features a Clear OLED Display
Providing you with an easy way to read your results, the HbO-Smart Fingertip Pulse Oximeter features a small yet sharp OLED display. You have a choice of four optional displays, allowing you to choose how your results are shown on the screen.
The HbO-Smart offers four different displays for your convenience
What Does the HbO-Smart Oximeter Measure?
The Drive HbO-Smart Oximeter provides you with three measurements that allow you to assess your health:
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2): Oxygen saturation is the amount of oxygen-saturated blood cells (haemoglobin) compared to the total haemoglobin. The normal reading for a healthy person is usually between 95% and 100% oxygen saturation – a reading below 90% is considered hypoxemia, which is a cause for concern.
- Pulse Rate: This is the measurement of your heart's beats per minute (BPM) and is the same as taking your pulse at the wrist, neck or other area. An abnormally high or low pulse rate can be a symptom that you are suffering from a heart condition.
- Perfusion Index: In simplistic terms, the perfusion index monitors your pulse at your fingertip and graphs this. A normal heart will return a steady graph with consistent peaks and troughs – if the wearer is suffering from an irregular heartbeat the graph will be inconsistent.
Who Can Use the HbO-Smart Pulse Oximeter?
With its simple yet effective design, the DeVilbiss HbO-Smart can be used either at home by someone without any medical training or in a hospital. As well as this, the oximeter is equally effective for use on adults and children.
There are, however, a few people for whom the oximeter is not intended, including:
- Patients weighing less than 20kg
- Pregnant women
- Nursing mothers
Key Features and Benefits
- OLED display includes heat rate bar and plethysmography waveform for easy analysis
- Choice of four displays, allowing you to customise the information for your specific requirements
- Simple operation allows for use at home
- Features a low battery alert and automatic power off after eight seconds without detecting a signal
- Low power consumption allows for 25 hours of use with 2 x AAA batteries
- Display Type: OLED
- Dimensions: 65 x 35 x 30mm
- Weight: 60g
- Oxygen Saturation:
- Range: 70 - 99%
- Accuracy: 80 - 90% (±2%)
- Resolution: 1%
- Perfusion Index: 0.3 - 20%
- Pulse Rate Range: 30 - 240bpm
- Battery: 2 x AAA batteries
- Battery Life: 25 hours
- Power Consumption: <30mA
|User Manual |