Daray X400 LED Medical Examination Light
The Daray X400 LED Medical Examination Light uses a versatile spring-balanced suspension arm to manoeuvre its super bright, 120,000 Lux, seven LED lamp-head. Available to be mounted to the wall or ceiling, or supported by a mobile caster mount, this light is ideal for general examination and most clinical procedures.
What Are the Benefits of the Daray X400 LED Medical Examination Light?
With seven powerful LEDs, this medical examination lamp offers excellent illumination which is adjustable to your needs. Its spring balanced arms allow for precise, effortless adjustment of its super bright 120,000 Lux light-head.
How Do I Use the Daray X400 LED Examination Light?
There is a single switch and intensity adjuster located beside the head which can be used to quickly turn on, adjust or turn off the light. When in use it can be adjusted with a single hand, and the BioProtect coating and easy wipe-down construction help to prevent any risk of cross-contamination.
How Easy Is It to Reposition the Lamp-Head?
The spring balanced suspension arms in all models of this examination lamp allow for effortless repositioning. There is a handle by the head that can be readjusted with a single hand. Once left in place the lamp-head will not move, allowing you to use your hands where you need them.
What Are the Features of the Daray X400 LED Examination Light?
Brilliant illumination – reaches up to 120,000 Lux for clear tissue colour
Adjustable intensity – can be moved between 5% and 100% for bespoke lighting
Cool colour temperature – facilitates excellent colour rendering and clarity
Extremely cool running – with less than a 2ºC temperature increase at the bulb, guards against discomfort for patient and practitioner
Energy efficient – saves you money while saving the environment
Fully recyclable – further prevents environmental consequences after disposal
Free from harmful chemicals – including mercury, lead or CFCs
Even intensity over a large area – results in intuitive use and prevents distortion from occurring outside the centre of illumination
BioProtect – anti-microbial coating helps to reduce the risk of cross contamination
How Bright Is the Illumination?
This seven LED light is able to achieve an impressive 120,000 Lux illumination at 0.5m. It can be adjusted between 5% and 100% of this to achieve bespoke levels of brightness during examinations. Both on/off and variable intensity functions are easily operated from the same switch.
Which Model Options Are Available?
There are three different mounting options available for the X400 LED Examination Light:
- Wall Mount (X400LW) – depending on the space in which you are working, a wall mount can offer the perfect mounting solution. It doesn't clutter the floor, and has an impressive reach allowing for versatile use. It is ideal for rooms with high ceilings, or ceilings which are not appropriate to mount a heavy medical light.
- Mobile Mount (X400LM) – the mobile mount offers more versatility than the other models available. Since it can be wheeled, its impressive illumination can be taken to wherever you need it. There is a trade-off, however, since this model will occupy floor space and cause slightly more clutter than the other models.
- Ceiling Mount (X400LC) – by lifting the full apparatus above the heads of patient and practitioner, the ceiling mounted model can offer truly unobtrusive illumination. While this mounting method is immobile, it comes with an impressive reach which will satisfy the demands of most clinical procedures.
Please select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
What Is the Ceiling Mount Cover?
The ceiling mount cover is a plain white cover that conceals the mount-plate in conventional ceilings. It maintains a professional and polished look for your clinic or surgery.
What Colour Is the Light?
This LED light achieves a cold light colour temperature of around 4200K. This is just towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour.
Will I Need to Change LED Bulb?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and should last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 50,000 hours of continuous use – the equivalent of over 25 years standard clinical use!
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation – in this case by less than 2ºC. This means you can maximise the comfort of both patient and practitioner during examinations and clinical procedures.
Is This LED Light Hardwired?
As a hardwired LED light, the X400 examination represents a clutter-free solution to medical lighting. While hard to reposition, it offers high-quality lighting without unnecessary wires or competing for wall sockets.
What Is BioProtect?
BioProtect is an anti-microbial coating which is included with this examination light. By reducing the potential for microbes to propagate it reduces the risk of cross-contamination and assists in infection control.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray X400 LED Medical Examination Light helps to reduce environmental impact and your power bill. More uniquely among LED lighting, this is a fully recyclable product, which means you can offset ecological damage even beyond the end of its long lifespan.
What Are the Dimensions of the Light?
Dimensions for each of the mounting options are as follows:
Ceiling Mounted Light
Mobile Mounted Light
Wall Mounted Light
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Light Come with a Warranty?
Yes! Daray offer a five year warranty on their X400 LED lighting. This allows you to make a purchase confident that you will receive high-quality, long-lasting medical grade lighting.
- Light source: LED
- Light intensity: 120,000 Lux ± 5% at 0.5m, 64,000 Lux ± 5% at 0.75, 40,000 Lux ± 5% at 1m
- Light intensity adjustment range: 5% – 100%
- Colour temperature: 4,300K ± 500
- Colour Rendering Index (CRI): 95
- Colour rendering (R9): 88
- Light field diameter (D50): 170mm at 0.5m, 100mm at 0.75m, 125mm at 1m
- Light field diameter (D10): 170mm at 0.5m, 200mm at 0.75m, 220mm at 1m
- Number of LEDs: 7
- Power consumption: 16W, 0.19A
- Avg. lifespan: >50,000 hours
- Input voltage: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Output voltage: 30V DC, 1A
- Temperature rise on patient/ user: ≤2ºC
This lighting has been manufactured in accordance with the following standards:
- EN ISO 13485:2012
- EN ISO 14971:2007
- EN ISO 9001:2008
- EN 606098
- EN 60601-1-4
- EN 60601-2-41:2009
- EN 1041:2008
- EN 598-2-25