Daray X100 LED Flexible Medical Examination Light
The Daray X100 LED Flexible Medical Examination Light is a versatile examination lighting solution which can be equipped with five different base options depending on the needs of your practice, surgery, lab or hospital. It features a gooseneck design which allows for a large amount of manoeuvrability, while also staying firmly in the position it is left.
What Are the Benefits of the Daray X100 LED Flexible Medical Examination Light?
By combining versatile flexibility, clear illumination and affordability this medical lamp is an excellent choice for general examinations and diagnosis. Its easy to operate LED head offers over 40,000 hours of illuminations and while it isn't as bright as some other models, it offers great value for money, particularly in the long term.
Just How Flexible Is This Examination Light?
This examination light comes with an 80cm flexible gooseneck, which has a base that can be rotated 180º to allow for excellent levels of flexibility. Not only is it easy to manipulate, but it's also sturdy once left in place, so you don't have to constantly fiddle with lamp positioning. On top of this, the lamp-head itself comes with an easy to manoeuvre handle and can rotate 320º on its axis.
How Do I Use the Daray X100 LED Examination Lamp?
During assessment and diagnosis this LED lamp can be easily manipulated by hand to achieve clarity wherever you need it. Once in place the gooseneck will hold firm, allowing you to use your hands elsewhere. There is a control switch on the rear of the head which allows you to turn the light on or off quickly and easily.
What Are the Features of the Daray X100 LED Flexible Medical Examination Light?
- LED light source – is both environmentally friendly and energy efficient, helping to cut down on power bills and save the planet
- Flexible gooseneck design – offers both broad flexibility and firm positioning
- Head rotation – allows a further 320º rotation near the light-source, and is easily operable by hand
- Clear colour rendering – 4200K colour temperature does not distort or mute colours
- Exceptionally bright output – reaches 12,000 Lux intensity at 0.5m distance
- BioProtect – anti-microbial coating prevents cross-contamination
- Versatile mounting options – wall mount, rail mount, desk mount, desk stand or mobile base available
How Bright Is the Illumination?
For a basic model of medical lighting, this examination light achieves an exceptional brightness. It outputs 12,000 Lux light intensity at 0.5m distance, which is double what comparable older models were able to achieve.
Which Model Options Are Available?
The Daray X100 Flexible Medical Examination Light has five different base options:
- Wall mount bracket (X100LW) – allows you to fix your examination light to a wall. This is perfect if you know the area in which you will need additional light, and want to keep as much floor and desk space clear as possible.
- Rail mount clamp (X100LR) – clips directly onto the Daray XRAIL (sold separately). When installed this allows the light to be slid up or down the rail easily. It requires more set up than the other options, but is both compact and mobile.
- Desk mount clamp (X100LD) – attaches to the end of a desk or table using a hand-screw clamp. Not only does this offer a flexible source of illumination at desk level, it can also be moved with ease, balancing the benefits of the fixed and mobile options.
- Desk stand (X100LDS) – the desk stand allows your examination light to function similarly to a standard desk lamp. It takes up slightly more desk space but can be moved around easily, requires no installation and supplies the same high-quality lighting as any of the fixed options.
- Mobile castor base (X100LM) – this five castor base offers the most mobility of all the mounting options available. It features a 72.4cm tall stand and an extra long 3.5m power cable to be as versatile as possible.
Please select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
What Colour Is the Light?
This LED light achieves a cold light colour temperature of 4200K. This is just towards the blue end of the spectrum and guarantees a clear, undistorted realisation of tissue colour.
How Long Is the Cable?
To give you the most flexibility possible these examination lights all features extra long cables. The cables for all the mounted or clamped models, as well as the desk stand, are 1.5m long. The cable for the mobile caster base is even longer, reaching 3.5m so as to avoid limiting your mobility.
Will I Need to Change the LED Bulb?
The LED technology used in this lamp is exceptionally durable and should last the whole lifespan of the lamp. It should give you upwards of 40,000 hours of continuous use.
Does This Lamp Get Hot?
One of the main benefits of LEDs over halogen bulbs is that they hardly heat up during operation – in this case by less than 2ºC. This means you can maximise the comfort of both patient and practitioner during examinations.
Is This LED Light Hardwired?
No, this LED examination lamp features a mains plug. This means it is easy to move into new locations whenever needed.
What Is BioProtect?
BioProtect is an anti-microbial coating which is included with this examination light. By reducing the potential for microbes to propagate it reduces the risk of cross-contamination and assists in infection control.
Is This an Environmentally Friendly Device?
By minimising power consumption, the Daray X100 LED Flexible Medical Examination Light helps to reduce environmental impact and your power bill. More uniquely among LED lighting, this is a fully recyclable product, which means you can offset ecological damage even beyond the end of its long lifespan.
What Are the Dimensions of This Examination Light?
For help with the dimensions of the different models of examination light, please consult the graphic below:
Are There Any Other Models of Daray Lighting Available?
We offer a wide selection of exceptional quality Daray Medical Lighting. To find out more please take a look at our Daray Medical Lighting category.
Does This Light Come with a Warranty?
Yes! Daray offer a five year warranty on their X100 LED lighting. This allows you to make a purchase confident that you will receive high-quality, long-lasting medical standard lighting.
- Light source: LED
- Light intensity: 12,000 Lux at 0.5m
- Gooseneck length: 800mm
- Colour temperature: 4200K ± 500
- Colour rendering index (CRI): 93
- Light field diameter (D50): 180mm at 0.5m
- Light field diameter (D10): 240mm at 0.5m
- Beam angle: 10º
- Power consumption: 8.5W, 0.1A
- Head rotation: 320º
- Avg. lifespan: 40,000 hours
- Input supply rating: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Output supply rating: 12V DC, 1A
- Temperature rise on patient/ user: ≤2ºC
- Warranty: 5 years
This lighting has been manufactured in accordance with the following standards:
- EN 13485
- EN 14971
- EN 9001
- EN 60601-1
- EN 60601-1-2
- EN 60601-1-6
- EN 60601-2-41
- EN 1041
- EN 60598-2-25
- 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive