Welch Allyn 7100 24hr Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor with Free Cuff Set
Measuring ambulatory blood pressure is key to the early detection of stroke and heart attack risk, but it can be hard to get patients to use diagnostic equipment properly for long periods of time. The Welch Allyn 7100 24hr Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor with Free Cuff Set makes measuring ambulatory blood pressure much easier by reducing measurement errors and improving patient comfort, and is supplied with a selection of cuffs from child to adult extra large.
Your purchase of the Welch Allyn 7100 24hr Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor with Free Cuff Set will include the following:
- 1 x Welch Allyn 7100 ambulatory blood pressure monitor
- 5 x Arm cuffs (child, small adult, adult, large adult and extra large adult)
- 4 x AA alkaline batteries
- 1 x Welch Allyn CardioPerfect software
- 1 x Pouch with shoulder strap
- 1 x USB PC interface cable
- 1 x CD user manual
- 1 x Two-year monitor warranty
Why Should I Use an Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor?
Ambulatory blood pressure monitors (ABPMs) offer 24 hour coverage to provide a full suite of readings about the patient's blood pressure, including during sleep. This is ideal for diagnosing hypertension, stroke and heart attack risk, as well as forming bespoke drug therapy needs your patient's specific needs.
What Are the Features of This Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor?
Since it can be hard to get patients to use apparatus properly over longer periods of time, the 7100 ABPM unit is designed to maximise patient comfort:
- Auto Feedback Logic Inflation – maximises the comfort of your patient by responding to the first inflation in order to boost compliance
- Variety of programmable options – for different measurement periods and inflation programs
- Includes CardioPerfect software – for sophisticated diagnostics and easy management of results
- Print function – software allows for you to create customise and print detailed support
- Highly compatible software – can be used with Patient Record System via PDF, and can transfer data to EMIS, SystmOne, Vision and more
- Latex-free (PVC) cuff – can be worn by those with sensitive skin or latex allergies, particularly important for an ambulatory blood pressure monitor which will be worn for extended periods
- Quiet operation – guarantees the comfort, and compliance, of your patients
- Lightweight and convenient design – further guarantees ease of use and discretion for your patients
- BHS A/A validation – guarantees the highest clinical standards
What Kind of Blood Pressure Measurement Does This Monitor Use?
This is an oscillometric blood pressure monitor, which means it monitors oscillatory pulsations produced in the arterial wall. This method of blood pressure measurement is resistant to noise and motion, ideal for talking readings throughout daily activities.
What Is the Free Cuff Set?
This blood pressure monitor is supplied with a full range of upper arm cuffs to help you treat the largest set of patients properly. Each cuff is comfortable and latex-free, and uses an auto-feedback inflation system so that your patients can be as comfortable as possible while wearing the device.
What Cuff Sizes Are Included?
There are five different cuff sizes supplied with the monitor in order to facilitate treatment for largest number of patients possible. It includes the following cuff sizes – measured as the circumference of the patient's upper arm:
- Child cuff: 14cm to 20cm
- Small adult cuff: 20cm to 24cm
- Adult cuff: 24cm to 32cm
- Large adult cuff: 32cm to 38cm
- Extra large adult cuff: 38cm to 55cm
What Is the CardioPerfect Software?
The CardioPerfect software is powerful diagnostic software for Windows which can be used to store and interpret cardiopulmonary data collected by your ABPM device. Not only is this software very powerful on its own, but it is also compatible with common GPs surgery systems, such as EMIS, SystmOne and Vision. The CardioPerfect software produces the following reports:
- Statistical summaries – of systolic pulse, mean arterial pressure and heart rate, with data such as maximums, minimums, averages and standard deviations
- Graphical representations – pie charts, histograms and correlation charts of blood pressure readings broken down into day, night and 24 hours
- Tubular report – which is fully editable for detailed analysis
- Trending tool – allows the long term evaluation of patient for constructing a medication schedule
- Summary view – makes the total scope of data easy to navigate and understand
What Is the Protective Pouch Like?
The protective pouch for the 7100 ambulatory blood pressure monitor is a compact satchel style pouch with an adjustable shoulder strap. Ideal for patients to wear when using the device for long periods of time, it features a window for easy reading of the monitor display, as can be seen in the image below:
Is There a Warranty on This Product?
Welch Allyn, the manufacturer of this product, provides a two year warranty on the 7100 monitor. This means you can make a purchase in the knowledge that it will be both high quality and long lasting.