Swann Morton Fine SF13 Scalpel Handle
When you start working with mini blades, you'll probably need a smaller scalpel handle so the blade doesn't fall out of place. The Swann Morton Fine SF13 Scalpel Handle is designed to hold mini blades, proving ideal for tactile and precise surgical procedures.
The handle is made from strong stainless steel and is individually sleeved. It should be noted that like most other scalpel handles, the Fine SF13 Handle is non sterile. This is because, unlike the blades, the handle does not come into direct contact with the patient's skin or muscle.
Suitable for a Range of Scalpel Blades
Designed by one of the world leaders in surgical handle manufacturing, Swann Morton's handles are consistent and reliable so you can focus on the surgery, not the tools. The SF13 Handle is made from stainless steel and has been built with quality in mind. The handle is short and slim, making it ideal for use on small areas.
The handle's fitment is "fine" and is a three piece handle. It fits blades SM61, SM62, SM63, SM64, SM65, SM65A, SM67, SM68, SM69, SP90, SP91 and Myringotomy blades.
How Do You Correctly Attach a Surgical Blade?
- Grip blade with forceps (or similar), avoiding contact with its cutting edge.
- Hold handle in left hand with bayonet fitting uppermost.
- Place blade partway over handle fitting and engage slots.
- Slide blade until it clicks into position.
- To improve assembly, flex blade slightly upwards when sliding onto the handle.